Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Going to get insured thru Silver Wheels in Canada. Anybody have any horror stories or problems with them.. if you had to use the claims service?

Thanks,

Vince

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been using them for a couple of years now to insure my '77 Spider. They have been great to deal with. I haven't had to make any claims, so I can't comment on that.

Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
I tried them once to compare but their insurer is on the W. coast. They also require an appraisal that you pay for.
I use ING and a broker that does not require an appraisal and accepts my value. ING is also less restrictive.
Dorien

Hello all,

Going to get insured thru Silver Wheels in Canada. Anybody have any horror stories or problems with them.. if you had to use the claims service?

Thanks,

Vince

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been using them for a couple of years now to insure my '77 Spider. They have been great to deal with. I haven't had to make any claims, so I can't comment on that.

Paul
Hi there I'm looking at buying a 1979 Alfetta GTV, does Lant Insurance cover theft, fire and collision? Thanks.

Doug.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lant talks

I was going to sign up with Lant, but the number of restrictions were ridiculous. At one point, they told me that if I left my car in the middle of a cruise night (to look at the other cars, or talk to people for example), and it was damaged, that would cancel my claim.
I can understand they don't want people to constantly drive their cars to work, shopping, long driving vacations et cetra, but once in a while shouldn't be a problem.
I kept my insurance, and have received a discount for multi-car policy. You can also cancel the insurance and go fire/theft over the winter months, and that will save you money.

Just a thought.

Happy motoring,
CH

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have used Silver Wheel for quite a long time with no problems. About 3 years ago somebody kicked in the right rear fender of my Triumph TR-3. Silver Wheel promptly paid the full amont of the estimate provided by a local body shop with no quarrel and didn't penalize me for the claim since it was a case of vandalism.

Len Desfos
'84 Spider

1 - 6 of 6 Posts