Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geday all,

Im currrently restoring my 66 stepnose. It is a silvery gold colour at present but Im contemplating respraying it a pure silver....a colour Ive always thought is very flattering on classic cars.

Im keen have a perve at a few in silver but they seem to be strangely rare. I have caught a few glimpses of them in track day photos behind other cars but havnt any clear images to ponder over.

Does anyone out there have a few shots they could post or steer me in the direction of some images they know of on other sites. If they were lowered a few inches and sported original 15 inch steel rims or GTA mags.....thatd be blerdy lurverly.

Cheers

Timbo.

·
Super Moderator
10,212 Posts
Lowered silver Sprint GT

Here are a couple of pictures of my Sprint GT when it was silver. Too bad the previous owner hadn't used silver Bondo.

Talk about lowered! I just removed the springs, and other heavy parts, and substituted 2X4's and casters. It cornered great, as long as you were going downhill. Steering was tricky though.

The car is now on the road to reassembly, and is no longer silver

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Grabbed from elsewhere on this site - not a great shot, but why not? I'll check at home and see if I have some there as well.
BTW: I think they look fantastic in silver...

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks dudes.

There are some great shots there and a few eye openers. I was never intending to fit white wall tyres and now I know I never will. id love to see more of that one with the black striping.

Alfajay, those Spruce suspension arms youve fitted look great. Weve been having a lot of success down here in Aus with a similar system made from an oregon/cedar laminate giving a spring rate of approx 6: 1 at the wheel.

Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts