Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 78 (w/Spica) is missing the hose from the front grill to the air box. Every other Spica car I 've looked at the original peice is either missing or the owner has cobbled something together. I've seen shop vac hose, PVC pipe, flashing material, and best of all 2 beer cans taped together. Anyone have a picture ?

Ok so maybe I'm bragging that after 2 years of wrenching this is my biggest concern. That and getting into 2nd gear with out grinding, or where the drivers side door leaks, or why the new exhast doesn't hang clear of the car. But then the old one never did either.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks.

That is nice clean engine. It wears it's age well. It shows how well it's been cared for.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
No help, but yeah - they generally do wear well with age if kept clean. I've yet to open my hood to someone unaccustomed to Alfas without a remark along the lines of "whoa - that looks badass!".

Chris

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You can occasionally find one of the correct tubes on Ebay. Centerline also has a product on their internet catalog that looks like a suitable replacement but may not be identical.

·
Registered
206 Posts
photo in place, corregated (not spiral) black plastic with smooth cylindrical ends that fit over airbox and the intake.
Isn't that an airbox from a pre '77 car? I might be confused but my '78 and '79 airboxes have some additional hardware on the air intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts