Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this badge for the boot lid of my Duetto from Centerline: https://www.centerlinealfa.com/bodywork/665

Has been awhile since I have held a badge in my hand, but this thing felt very light and made of cheap plastic. Is it my imagination, or is this not really a suitable stock replacement? Is there a better source?

Thanks.

--S

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that was it...I am looking for enamel, not plastic. Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need a steeeeenking badge...just needed to know wheeech. ;-)

Seems plastic is correct, but how they have made them had changed over the years. The plastic one on my grill has some thick clear plastic cover over it, whereas the ones you get these days don't. Whatever - can't sweat the small stuff.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Duetto boot lid badge

You can, of course, dress your car up however you like, but the boot (trunk) lid on the Duetto doesn't have a badge, just the "Alfa Romeo" script.
Oops, sorry I didn't notice the "'69 Duetto" notation from the original post, which model does have a badge on the boot lid
I believe the OE material for the Milano grill badge was plastic, as others have commented.

[/URL]

·
Registered
820 Posts
I need a steeeeenking badge...just needed to know wheeech. ;-)

Seems plastic is correct, but how they have made them had changed over the years. The plastic one on my grill has some thick clear plastic cover over it, whereas the ones you get these days don't. Whatever - can't sweat the small stuff.
well... to get serious for a moment ( but only for a moment ) ... if the car is a 100 point car then do the plastic. if its not concours or being judged then why would you ever consider plastic when you could buy a nice metal/enameled repro ? just the feel of it in your hand is worth the price of admission.

seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 69 "Spider Veloce" (as opposed to 66-67 Spiders) does have a rear boot lid marque badge. This for a 69.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah - the metal/enameled badges are much nicer. May just have to break my usual penchant for OE.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have a plastic one off a 69 duetto. Its a 7 out of 10. If you were to polish, I'm sure it could reach 9.5 status. I'm in Portland. Whats your budget?

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
To my mind it's Milano. The only reason it was removed was because when the Alfasud came out it was built in the Sud in an inflated attempt to bring jobs to the depressed economy in the southern part of Italy. Is it correct to have enamel Milano badges on a 74 GTV? No, but it's right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts