Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

I'm starting to stockpile what I will need to redo the intake manifold and fuel rail this coming winter. The hoses connecting the plenum and manifold are starting to crack.

I've seen the silicon ones from high performance on eBay, but $100 seems more than I want to spend. Looking at the Classic Alfa site, they state the rubber ones they sell are "approximately 45mm in diameter"

With that information I started to look around on the web for 45mm silicon hose.

I found a couple of options:

eBay has a pair for $8.86
Red 1 75" 3 3 4" Straight Silicone Hose Pipe 45 mm Intercooler Coupler 2 PC | eBay

Or this outfit where you choose your length and color.
Auto Silicone Hoses - Silicone Coupler Hose - 45mm - Choose Your Length & Colour

My question is has anyone tried 45mm silicon hose?
It seems like a reasonable option!

Thanks for any input

Robert

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replacement hose

Hi Robert, I'm a year behind you....what did you decide on?
Thanks
Paul
Hey Paul

I decided to postpone the work :grin2:

It's a project I need to do and intend to get it done this winter... I can see the old ones are starting to crack. So I'm going to revisit this issue in a few months. I like the idea of silicone hose, but $100 seems a bit much. I'm hoping to find a length of appropriate diameter silicone hose and cut four pieces.

What I'm still interested in finding out is the OUTSIDE diameter of the intake manifold so I know what size hose to look for.

Robert

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Robert

Was adding to my post this PM when I fat fingered a "Delete"
Oh well
Between you and me it's the inner diameter that's important (with in reason for the outer diameter to fit in the allocated space )
My car is 3K miles away so I can't get measurements
My research found "Humped" hoses that I think will look cool and be resistant to collapse at high RPM

The ones I like the best are

1 3/4" 45mm Hump Straight Silicone Hose Intercooler Coupler Tube Pipe Red

RED 1 3/4",1.75" 45mm Straight Hump Silicone Hose Coupler Tube Pipe | eBay

as they have a 500 degree working temp and all the others I've found at @ 350 for a short time...key search word is possibly "intercooler"

exampled by "radiator applications"

Silicone Hump Hose Coupler Joiner Tube Pipe Air Water Coolant Radiator Rubber

Auto Silicone Hoses - Silicone Polyester Reinforced - Bellow Hump Hose - 45mm - Choose Your Colour

BUT MAYBE A STRAIGHT(NON HUMPED) PIPE WILL DO BEST?? Maybe we need to buy both and see who fits best ?? !!

What ya think?
Paul

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
"Shoe Goo" is a well known fixer for cracks in these molded rubber intake hoses. From the comments here, it works well. I have some on hand, but have yet to use it on my Spider intake. It's available at any big box store or craft store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts