Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys... I've been having a little trouble with my left flasher, I'm not a electric guy so I figured I'd ask. My left signal use to blink very fast or very slow. I over looked it for a while until last week where it blinked about every 30 sec. not good if I'm making a left turn on a busy street. Then about a few days ago it would any blink once. A friend suggested I change the bulb which I did. However it still blinks very slow...sometimes just once and nothing after that. Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?
Thanks a bunch

-Stephen

·
Administrator
16,761 Posts
Does it make any difference if the 'parking lights' are on? At idle, at speed or always? Is the alternator light glowing?

50% of electrical problems are with the ground connections. (OK, that's supposed to be a joke as 50% of electrical connections are grounds but it is usually a good place to start.) Also check the other bulbs in the circuit. i.e. the rear turn signal if you already replaced the front bulb. IIRC, very fast usually means one bulb is out of the circuit - either burned out or somehow not connected (loose wires, corroded bulb base, etc)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Guys... I've been having a little trouble with my left flasher, I'm not a electric guy so I figured I'd ask. My left signal use to blink very fast or very slow. I over looked it for a while until last week where it blinked about every 30 sec. not good if I'm making a left turn on a busy street. Then about a few days ago it would any blink once. A friend suggested I change the bulb which I did. However it still blinks very slow...sometimes just once and nothing after that. Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?
Thanks a bunch

-Stephen
Alpha8484 - I have a simiar issue with my 87 Veloce. My left signal blinks "normally" (blink.....blink.....blink) and the right blinks at least twice as fast (blink-blink-blink). Neither has changed speeds though.

I'm going to give ghnl's suggestion a look-see, but if anyone else has any thought, you'd be killing 2 birds!

Tom

p.s. ghnl -- I love the hidden message in the signature!;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys,
I actually changed the back bulb not the front. I completely forgot about the front and when I went to look at it tonight the bulb behind the orange plastic didn't work. I did get a very fast blink instead of the very slow. I changed out that bulb with the old one from the back and nothing happened. When I have more time tommorow I was going to go to NAPA and grab another new bulb and then take a look at the connections/grounds. I think your more then right with your 50% ground problems. For about the entire summer and Spring I was having engine problems which I think where caused by a bad ground on my cam cover. Lucky it was simple to fix. The only problem is that the next problem better not be a ground, eventhough their simple, there are just far to many on the car..:eek:
-Stephen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts