Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
I dont use those crimp connectors. I slide a bigger piece of shrink tubing over all three wires, smaller ones individually, then solder the wires and heat shrink them. Much cleaner, stronger.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont use those crimp connectors. I slide a bigger piece of shrink tubing over all three wires, smaller ones individually, then solder the wires and heat shrink them. Much cleaner, stronger.
I'm a big fan of heat-shrink tube also. Those blue crimp connectors are some kind of bodge from the PO. I'm planning to reassemble with the proper spades, so the speedo sender is correctly connected to the black OEM harness junction.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,083 Posts
I don't think that's a stock speedo sensor? The Alfa one is a bit more blocky, IIRC. Probably that was somebody's mod to get the right connector on it.

Ugly way to do it but I suppose it works. Maybe they weren't sure which colors matched up, so they did it that way so they could swap them around until it worked?

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
I'm planning to reassemble with the proper spades, so the speedo sender is correctly connected to the black OEM harness junction.
yep, that is the correct way to repair that PO bodge...!

the centerline speedo pulse generator you link to is correct*, but why waste 250 buckeroos on that if the modified one you have works? (I suppose the big question is, did it? or does it?)
what you have looks very much like an AutoMeter hall effect sensor (but grey instead of black!)

*what year spider is yours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts