Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the rear quarter windows out (as well as all the other glass) in my attempt to do as much preparation as possible to the body of the car before I take it in to the body shop, and I have a question regarding the little round rubber gaskets that "were" in the holes in the glass- one on each side. I say "were" because over the years they've weathered into a brittle rubber that just crumbled when I removed the clasp that holds the window open.
I hope I'm describing this right! My question is, "Is there a replacement rubber seal for that little 3/8" hole in the glass?'':confused:
While I'm asking, is there also a replacement rubber seal for the front vent windows? Not the seal around the window frame but the little seal around and through the 1/4" hole in the glass where the pivot pin goes?
Thanks! daveydog

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I got some of those "top hat", stepped rubber gaskets and knobs for my rear 1/4 windows from http://www.karmannghia.com/home.asp, but the rubber gaskets were a larger diameter than the holes in the glass. Maybe the problem was my windows, because I have heard other says they had good luck with the VW suppliers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys! I checked the other forum discussion that .AA. mentioned and learned a lot from it and the pictures on the second page sealed the deal for me. I know the knobs are not identical to the Alfa ones but if one buys a pair of them they're pretty hard to tell that they're different from the originals. And mine are both cracked anyways! I ordered a set of the rubber gaskets as well. Total cost: $22 USD.
Now, how about the little top hat rubber gaskets in the front vent window? The hole in the glass is 1/4". Does anyone have a source for these babies?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts