Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is getting ready to go in for paint next Monday and I am still debating the color.
It is a 77 spider that was originally Verde Green but a total repaint was done to a darker British racing green.
Now I can't decide between that British racing green and possibly a dark metallic green or maybe even something lighter.
If I go to the dark green then I'm thinking of a yellow stripe like the lotus cars.

SO>>> show me your green spiders and help me decide on a color.

All opinions welcome. The car has a black top and all black interior.

Ventura Alfa

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I thought the Italians named it Verde Inglese w/o any "racing" in it - maybe because they thought British green cars weren't that fast????

Here's mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Again not a spider... but green!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is mine, the pics don't do it justice. Was red, changed it to green with a full bare metal rework. Went with black engine compartment and trunk because I like that look.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those all look great. Anybody got anymore?

Gordy, If I stay with what I have now yours is exactly what mine should look like when done. I have panasports on it. H and K springs, bilsteen shocks and I am back dating the bumpers to the Stainless rather than the ugly black rubber ones that are on the 77's (mine were shot so I had to do something and I like the earlier look much better)
Randy aka Ventura Alfa

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bianchi,
Well, green does mean go but all spiders are slow compared to a 74 Jensen Healey with a 5 spd and 148 stock horsepower. The healey is almost two hundred pounds lighter and has 58 more horsepower.
Ventura Alfa

·
Registered
442 Posts
Here's mine. When re-paint time comes around I believe I'll add a little pearl or metallic to it......Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
10,157 Posts
58 hp. more than a alfa motor? i thought these motors cam with 120 hp( 1984 bosch cars) and my car weighs in at a 2423 pound full tank of fuel, will be losing weight soon..fiberglass hood and trunk..

·
Registered
11 Posts
New Alfa Owner

I just got this '83 a few weeks ago. I'm working on a long list of to-do items, and have been digging through the archives here. The body is in good shape, but it sat in a garage for several years without running.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I have a 74 Spyder I would like to add. How the heck does one download pictures on this site?

·
Administrator
17,471 Posts
If you have a photo on your computer click on 'New Reply' (not the 'Quick Reply' text box) and then click the paper clip icon or scroll down to the 'manage attachments' button:

Most cameras take photos in a fairly large file size. Re-size it about 40-60 Kb or ~ 400X600 (pixels?).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Thanks Eric, that was easy. I can't seem to get them to the post of the person who wanted to see green Alfas.
John

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
1977 Series 2 Spider...I love this colour; it is not often seen 'in the wild'. At the last national AROC event, with c.500 cars attending, I think mine was the only one in Verde Inglese ! I like that 'individuality'.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts