Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Lenard (aka 164family)has made me an offer I cannot refuse, well almost. He offered to trade me my good old reliable Nissan pickup truck for his Peugeot 405 MI16. I am torn, will the pug be reliable? I am sure it will be, but man the Nissan truck wrote the book for reliability, or at least mine has. It also has written the book of being the most boring vehicle I have ever owned. But she is reliable as a swiss watch, which is the only thing that is holding me back. So what would you all do if you were in my situation, should I take the Pug or keep the Nissan? Your feedback is always appreciate,
Jon

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
How is it to get Peugeot parts in your area? Who will be your suppliers? You going to do the work or be a check book mechanic? A car is only reliable as the maintenance put into it. All good questions to ask. You might just want to buddy up with the previous owner to help you keep this car going. :) Boring is ok, but so is life with out some spice.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Here is my take on it. I have a boring 94 Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 with 5-speed and class 3/4 hitch and have towed many a 164 and a Maser B-Turbo on tow dolly and smaller Italians such as Fiat X1/9, Spider, Alfa Spider on full car trailer so it is handy and I use it to make my Home Depot and city dump runs for my house remodeling. It serves a useful purpose and I have my three running 164s to keep me smiling on the highways and byways.

Guy near here has a Red Mi16 405 I would like to have just because it is a mini 164 but will I get it I don't know. Now I admit Lenard's white 405 intrigues me but I am a sucker form classic white.

If truck is worth more to him than you then you decide which way to go.

Some years ago I redid a 405 for a friend but was a bit of work locating the parts not the network we have for the 164 I can tell you right now.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car has a good background, but yeah, parts are going to be a ***** to find. There is definately no shops like Centerline or Difatta for Pugs. If I go into a local Napa auto parts store I can get anything I need for my Nissan. Pug parts are easy to get out of europe, but then you have the exchange rates to deal with. Even though I do not really enjoy the nissan, I will probably keep it. Now, if the trade was for a Milano in good shape things would be different. Thanks so much for the feedback guys,
Jon

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Nissan Hardbody trucks are pretty much indistructable the 4cyl gets some decent mileage. I'd keep it....

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I can't even pronounce Peugeot :mad:.
Next question

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Come on lowmileage Peu-geot?

But anyways as jon's truck slowly falls apart (ask me how I know). I am going to list it on Ebay and see what comes of it. The Peugeot won European car of the year in 1989 that has to say something? Right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts