Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Should he Stay or Should he Go?

• DD should leave in his 135 mph spider, never to return.

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • DD should stay as a welcome member of this community.

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • DD should stay because we like to see him go off cuz its entertaining.

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen numerous posts asking DD to leave the forum and DD has stated that he has at least 20 members who personally pm'd him asking him to stay.
Lets see the data!!!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Yes, this should provide some insight as to the sentiments of the BBers.

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
This won't solve anything. The moderators need to step in and put a stop to it.
I think this is a direct result of ddouglas77 claiming that he's here because we all want him here... This is what he wrote:

Actually, you guys fought amongst yourselves on my last post, considering you are saying I have "broken a promise" (I never promised "last Post?!?") Question marks...But back by Popular demand, I get more pms about staying then I do leaving, hmmm, logic...Any ways, if you were not a troll, you'd never had known about the first time...Boo Ya!
Here is the link to his post: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showpost.php?p=422150&postcount=287

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
this is a free and open forum, and DD is allowed to speak his mind, just like all of us. He's not really hurting anyone, some of us may just get upset, or may even feel a need to go to the bathroom after reading his posts, but one can decide not to read these threads....I thought they we're entertaining to a certain point, but now I don't want to waste any more time reading them, so I don't. I can't say his presence bothers me though...and I'm sure he can also contribute good stuff;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am new to the board, but I feel DD should stay. His posts are somewhat entertaining. No matter how irritating and ignorant he proves himself to be, I don't believe he should be censored. If he irritates you that bad, don't read his posts.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Censorship is a slippery slope; who will dictate the next transgression and toss someone else off. Take the high road, use your powers of self-censorship and ignore the guy if you choose.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Quite frankly, I think having a poll to vote on whether a BBer should stay or go is, well, juvenile. But if you must know, I vote that he stays. My reasons are spelled out in this post.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Censorship isn't the same as asking someone to hit the 135mph highway. This is more like a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" sort of thing.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
this is a free and open forum, and DD is allowed to speak his mind, just like all of us. ...
Very true....each of us also has an "ignore" button if you want to read the rest of the thread minus a lot of posts however, that may contribute to it not making a whole lot of sense. The other option, unsubscribe from the threads he starts or posts to if you're annoyed, discontented, or suffer from some other feeling.

The bb is a hodgepodge or melting pot of all kinds of personalities, education, language barriers, cultural differences etc. It would be nice if we could all maintain some kind of civil decorum though and not resort to playground childhood antics. I'm sure all of us have plenty of our toys at home as a result of those early learning experiences.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Censorship is a slippery slope; who will dictate the next transgression and toss someone else off. Take the high road, use your powers of self-censorship and ignore the guy if you choose.
:rolleyes:

Well, I couldn't get photos of all of them but these are some of the 20 who want him to stay :cool:

Just the guy on the bike - the others want him to go.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The problem is that if "anything goes" and the moderator doesn't rein-in some of posters who wind-up and foment dissension for it's own sake, "vulgarity creep" will gradually turn the BB into another Yahoo board. We haven't had a attention-seeker wind-up artist in a long time.

I'm actually surprised that we haven't had more of a problem, considering that there's about 16,000 members now. I hope the BB keeps it's self-regulating nature. Nobody here has a "right" to post whatever they want. Simon owns the board and it's his living room. I would hope the members of the board would act likes guests in Simon's house and not like someone with an arrogant and false sense of entitlement.

I, for one, will be here as long as the BB as a discourse among ladies and gentlemen and not one where the server overheats substituting *'s for those who's vocabulary is limited.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Then let's let the Moderators decide and avoid the pitch-fork brigade, shall we. I suspect it is dawning on DD77 that a reputation takes a lifetime to build and a few momnents to destroy. Here's hoping he is up to the task of getting back on track.

Speaking of reputation, Lowmileage, isn't that you on your back in the last picture??

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think he sould go of his own volition. Hurting himself everyday by global ridicule cannot be sensible. Bipolar I agree, further self destruction can only lead to Tripolar. Come on Dave give it up. Retire & come back under a new name, reinvent yourself & cut the late night mad blood sugar rants please. We are happy to hear your technical thoughts if you phrase them in an optionitive way as opposed to the condescending methods used previously.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think that the BB is better off without people that post threads that are mostly there to get arguments started. The BB is a great help to all of us and should not discourage new alfa owners form posting questions. We all have cars which are unusual and becomming rarer every day. I could say more on the subject but have no more time today. I voted GO.

·
Administrator
16,645 Posts
I voted he should stay. I don't think it is up to us to decide who gets to stay and who gets kicked out.

That is not to say I enjoy the argumentative threads. But it seems to me that those who are so bothered by those types of threads should just not keep replying. Wouldn't that help make them fade away? If y'all think it's just an attempt to garner attention then why do you keep giving those threads your attention? :confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
This is not a club, it is just a BB. It should be just up to David whether he wants to stay. He has made good contributions to this site and has also has gone into some regrettable rants joined by many other members of this site. Let's all move on and stop the name calling and all the other junk.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.