Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My shortcut from e-mail alerts to a subscribed forum does not display a full screen on this web site ...only a partial.. I use Windows 7. Did i knock something out of kilter accidently?

I have to use F11 to get a full screen and scrolling feature but then lose the back arrow and website ribbon on top and close out X... ..also can't add the site to my desktop. No provision to Right click and do that.

·
Administrator
962 Posts
My shortcut from e-mail alerts to a subscribed forum does not display a full screen on this web site ...only a partial.. I use Windows 7. Did i knock something out of kilter accidently?

I have to use F11 to get a full screen and scrolling feature but then lose the back arrow and website ribbon on top and close out X... ..also can't add the site to my desktop. No provision to Right click and do that.
Hey there,

What browser are you using?
Did you try clearing your caches and cookies?

Ed

·
Super Moderator
11,225 Posts
Rick, you might find F-16's easier to use in most Weber set-up's. Some do like F-11's but cookie crumbs can mess those up too...
:)

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there,

What browser are you using?
Did you try clearing your caches and cookies?

Ed
Google Chrome.. I reset my desktop ABB Icon and sometimes it remembers me but more often not. Still no joy to whip in from an e-mail. I do have control of the full screen usingthe icon ... Cache and Cookies... I tried the self help aids but My Google Chrome doesn't display the menus they talk about. Frustrated

·
Administrator
962 Posts
Google Chrome.. I reset my desktop ABB Icon and sometimes it remembers me but more often not. Still no joy to whip in from an e-mail. I do have control of the full screen usingthe icon ... Cache and Cookies... I tried the self help aids but My Google Chrome doesn't display the menus they talk about. Frustrated
Can you please screenshot how it's loading for you?

Kyle

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you please screenshot how it's loading for you?

Kyle
From link on E-mail notice.. is photo 1..... tab in left corner but scrolling bar is hidden on right and no toggle arrow or red X in upper right corner.. If i Max screen (F11) I lose the toggle back arrow and
site id bar at the top...I sense it is a Google compatibility issue.. Again i am Windows 7 and checked that box in the Google Chrome Properties box and compatibility box. None of the features to clean up cache and cookies is displayed on My Google Chrome home page... menu, wrench, etc. It's got to be something pretty basic i need to do to service the cookies and cache I am unable to find.

Attachments

·
Administrator
962 Posts
Thanks for the pics of your screen @divotandtralee, but it's a little bit hard to see what's going on there, even when I try to zoom. Check out this site which will show you how to take a screenshot from your computer (or other devices): https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/windows.html.

If you could grab a full screenshot of the problems you've been getting, that would be great. Thanks!

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
From link on E-mail notice.. is photo 1..... tab in left corner but scrolling bar is hidden on right and no toggle arrow or red X in upper right corner.. If i Max screen (F11) I lose the toggle back arrow and
site id bar at the top...I sense it is a Google compatibility issue.. Again i am Windows 7 and checked that box in the Google Chrome Properties box and compatibility box. None of the features to clean up cache and cookies is displayed on My Google Chrome home page... menu, wrench, etc. It's got to be something pretty basic i need to do to service the cookies and cache I am unable to find.
In the 1st picture, the browser window is resized and moved to the right (that's why the scroll bar is hidden), in the 2nd image, the browser window is full screen. I have a hunch the problem has nothing to do with AlfaBB, but with how you use your computer.

Try the following: When opening from e-mail, point you mouse to the top bar of the browser window, click-and-drag it to the left. When you see the top right corner of the browser window on the screen, you should also see a square icon that you can click to make it full screen (the little square icon then changes to 2 stacked squares which will return the browser window to the previous resized value).

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not a problem "mousing'' and "dragging" is going to take care of. I think it is a problem with a compatibility issue when Google Chrome (Now just called Chrome) starts re-inventing "updates".

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
It's not a problem "mousing'' and "dragging" is going to take care of. I think it is a problem with a compatibility issue when Google Chrome (Now just called Chrome) starts re-inventing "updates".
It may be an old Chrome issue, see here.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, friends... It clearly is a Chrome issue I'll have to fuss with. If I was a "geek" it would have been easy. The Chrome help blogs keep referring to a "wrench' on the Chrome site. My cover page is not showing this tool and must signal it is out of step with the current chrome package. Thannks for your efforts. Let's leave this open for me to contribute an answer when i find it. Thanks

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ALERT.. I ditched Chrome as my "default browser" and selected IE and everything is back to normal. Start... Default Programs... Set your default programs... .Select IE....BINGO

Nothing could be simpler.

Now the trick is to get your site to REMEMBER ME.. Fixed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts