Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Try CarDisc International Ltd. - Home Page or IAP for CD. Sometimes the stuff goes on ebay, too.

You know with about 1600 pages in manual (2 volumes) It behoves 164 owner to get his own copy or cardisc CD. There is no sending this much data via email.

CD has owners manual, factory bulletins and much more that just shop manuals.

This is the site you are trying to get to but it maynot be working as I can't get to it either:
http://www.shorey.net/CarDisc/164/0/0/page0000.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shop manual

thanks for your reply it did work two weeks ago, guess I will forget about it and try to find info somewhere else

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
thanks for your reply it did work two weeks ago, guess I will forget about it and try to find info somewhere else

IMHO it is only money so if you can't swing for CD or paper pubs then you can't afford to drive a 164. I own tech manuals for every car/truck we own and then I sell the books, etc when I no longer own that vehicle.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
The CarDisc is immensely helpful. But if you can get hold of a paper manual, they are very satisfying. The CarDisc is (as far as I can tell) a set of images and not text based. That means no text searches.

·
Premium Member
15,537 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
The 164 CarDisc came with my 164S. I immediately got the shop manual copy from Centerline, and found a clean electrical manual from one the literature dealers. You really need all this stuff.
I used the CD to replace stepper gears and it was only a moderately intense weekend caper.
These are amazing cars, when all of the systems work as intended.
Steve is right on. These cars are a tad expensive to own, but they do perform.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There was only one shop manual for the 91-93 164's right? They didn't have seperate shop manuals for the L, B and S models, correct?

Rob

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
There was only one shop manual for the 91-93 164's right? They didn't have seperate shop manuals for the L, B and S models, correct?

Rob
Correct but there are some extra wiring manuals for earlier production and the S but nothing really really different about wiring in either one that isn't in big wiring manual that I can see. And a seperate wiring manual for Recaro seats.

As for shop manual one book for all of them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks Steve, I appreciate the info. Want to make sure i'm getting the correct thing. Hopefully once i get the book, i can stop pestering you guys!!!!

Rob

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Thanks Steve, I appreciate the info. Want to make sure i'm getting the correct thing. Hopefully once i get the book, i can stop pestering you guys!!!!

Rob
Better get Vol 2 wiring diagrams too as it is a two part set. Early sets were three parts with earlier wiring book but you don't need that vol 3. Be advised CarDisc International Ltd. - Home Page CD has all those manuals including owner's manual and tech bulletins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts