Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order new shocks for my Nuova Giulia Super 1300 Berlina. (There are Spanish noblemen with shorter names than this car).
I am wondering if Konis are worth the extra money. It would cost $400 more for Koni's and that is enough to rejet a Weber.
Can anyone comment on Koni vs stock or vs KYB?
Thanks
MrC

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 74gtvee,
Thank you very much for the address of this great parts supplier in Germany. After months of trying to explain my car to parts guys in the US, I ring up this guy's web page and poom there is a picture of a Nuova Giulia Super 1300 Berlina.
I asked a question about the grill for the car and got answer already.
I owe you one.
MrC

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just ordered two rear Koni shocks for my 74 gtv from Linea Rossa in Florida at $85 each, best price anywhere.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Spax shocks have 14 adjustments. You can get a nice firm comfortable ride to a very stiff very non-compliant ride. I really like the shocks and at the advice of RH Hurtienne chose these over the Spax or Bilstiens.

Do a Spax search on google to see what others take on these are. My .02 is probably worth just that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1996 164 2.0 TS . Front passenger slight thump when running. Does this mean a bad shock with only 60,000 kms or just need some adjustments? The car has an electronic shock adjustment (auto or sport).
It came with KONI from manufacturer. I heard KONI has a LIFETIME warranty. Is this true?

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
qa1 shocks..front hal-dr4855b rear hal-dr5855b this is from the summit cat.. yes a bit more eaqch 20.00$ but to adjust them just dail the little knob on the lower body of the shock.. check the cat. out, have them on my car now..( oh yes... you can rebuild them at home if you want..you can gett the oil and seals from qa1 later...years down the road)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts