Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I am looking to get my 70% complete GTV finished finally. I am out of time to actually complete this father/son project myself, so I am looking to have Vintage Customs in Tacoma finish it off for me.

Any recommendations for trusted shipping companies? It will need to go from Santa Clara, CA to Tacoma, WA. The car is partially finished with engine and transmission installed. It is capable of rolling and steering but not braking or moving under it's own power. I would also have a few boxes and a few misc. parts that would need to go with it....

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Several years ago I used Passport Transport to ship a car. I believe they are now a part of Federal Express Transport. You could put all the parts in trunk, passenger and back seat. I believe they charge a small up charge to winch the car on and off the car carrier. I have heard good things about Reliable as well but neither one is cheap. Perhaps Daron could recommend a carrier that he is familiar with and likes.

Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
Car shippers

I recently used RELIABLE, and they certainly are. Cooperative and friendly, and about 10% cheaper than PASSPORT. However, I was quoted the best deal (quality enclosed van + cheap rate) by ROADRUNNER, and the only reason I didn't try them was my car HAD to get there on a certain day, and I knew RELIABLE's reputation was top notch.

Mr. Goose

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, all!

I ended up renting a trailer from my friend and doing the drive myself with my dad riding shotgun to ensure I didn't fall asleep. 1,639 miles in 48 hours to the MINUTE. Needless to say, I am pretty dang tired today. haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts