Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I just got my first Alfa Romeo. It is a 1974 Spider and so far I really like it.

Is there a short throw shifter kit available for this car? Or, alternately, is there a rebuild kit available so I can take some of the slop out of the shifter? I understand that the shift pattern is pretty large on these cars, but this one is taking out the console when I go to reverse.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Greetings all,

I just got my first Alfa Romeo. It is a 1974 Spider and so far I really like it.

Is there a short throw shifter kit available for this car? Or, alternately, is there a rebuild kit available so I can take some of the slop out of the shifter? I understand that the shift pattern is pretty large on these cars, but this one is taking out the console when I go to reverse.

Thanks,
If its banging the side of the console when your putting it in reverse. You can go in and loosen the shifter handle bolt move the shifter over a little and retighten. If its hitting the bottom of the console you probably need a new trans mount and maybe motor mounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts