Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever i accelorate hard in first or the car chugs in it i hear a lound noise which i believe is my shift selector bar hitting my driveshaft at the point where the bar meets the lever on the gearbox. i can see that when the car is in first, the bar rubs on some of the surronding are that would be the floor in the middle between the 2 front seats. i just put the gearbox back in and this didnt happen before. what am i missing? any hints? thanks for any leads!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Is it a GTV-6? You may have bolted the shift rod on to the wrong side of the piece coming out of the trans. I believe that it bolts to the out side.

Paul

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is it a GTV-6? You may have bolted the shift rod on to the wrong side of the piece coming out of the trans. I believe that it bolts to the out side.

Paul
that would be a a very difficult thing to do, seeing as the studs are tacked into place :confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
If this car is a non iso gtv6, the problem could be in the attachment of the shifter rod to the transmission control shaft.

When the transmission (or clutch) is replaced the correct spline position must be marked between the rod coupling and the control shaft. If this part misaligned your rod can impact the drive shaft.

If someone did this for you have them fix it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a 84 gtv6 and i just took it out to have the caliper mounts welded because they ripped out. i will check out all of these things when the weather clears. thanks for all the help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts