Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm draining the tank on my JrZ in preparation for a respray. I have a "hotted up" 2L in the car and have been using 105 octane race fuel. The fuel has been in the car for about 3 years (as well as two 5 gallon containers in the shop. The fuel has been kept cool and not been exposed to temperature variations. It still smells as new (wonderful!). What's everyone's experience with the shelf life of race fuel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's not great. I mean, any fuel for a performance engine of any kind should be as fresh as possible.
If it smells fine, then it's good to mix (5/1 or better) and burn it in a pre-cat V8. I have a friend with a mid 70s ElCamino, and he is always happy to take it... or dilute and put in the old truck, etc.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I had just about 3/4 full tank of 112 race fuel in my 66Gtv when I lost my motor at Thompson. Time passes really quick, took just about 4 years to the day when I rebuilt and started the new motor. The fuel was totally fine, the electric fuel pump wasn’t stuck, and motor fired right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts