Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned my 67 Sprint GT Veloce from the media blaster and have begun some minor welding on the car. Within the engine bay, my car has some screw holes that were not in use when I bought the car. The holes specifically are on the passenger side inner fender wall as well as a few in the firewall.

I'm also interested in holes within the interior of the car. Evidently the previous owner used sheet metal screws through the floor pan to fasten a carpet kit. I have a difficult time thinking that's correct. Marcel and Rossano's cars have been an invaluable resource for reference.

Are there any photos that can be shared of a 100% correct engine compartment? I've noticed small details such as the orientation of the ignition coil (up and down or sideways?) and places where the windshield wiper fluid bag is supposed to be that aren't always consistent.

I also want to identify the correct type of hoses and clamps that are used on the intake plenum (rubber or that cloth weave wrapped tubing). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Detailed Photos

My detailed question without photos was a lazy post! Please refer to pics:

The engine bay shows some holes in the passenger side fender well between the ignition coil and fuse panel. Is something supposed to go there?

Firewall photo- Are these small screw holes for the carpet? I'm tempted to fill them.

Ignition coil- This is the orientation of the coil when I bought the car. Photos of other cars have the coil laying on it's side. Which is right?

Intake plenum- As shown, the previous owner got creative with the plumbing and there are several hoses with a bolt in the end and a hose clamp. I would like to know what the correct type of hoses go where.

It's safe to say that whenever someone posts a car for sale claiming to be "concours correct", it's more often far from it. Reference photos would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sheet metal holes

All your holes look very similar to my 67 Super. I believe my engine compartment and interior was never apart before I got to it. Here is a picture of my coil and voltage regulator.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Revisiting Voltage Regulator and Coil Mounting Position

The sheet metal work phase of my project is nearing completion! I have yet to find any photos of 105.36 cars with the same coil and voltage regulator mounting locations/holes as mine. There was no evidence to suggest the mounting holes were filled either. Two options:

-Option A- Use the holes that are presently in the car, but don't match with 99% of other photos.
-Option B- Weld up the holes and drill new holes to make my car match everyone else's.

As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts