Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been accumulating a few spares for my 94LS and am wondering if any of you have found parts that are or are not common to the earlier and later cars. For example, the 12V idle air valves won't work on the 24V.
Not just engine parts-brakes, steering, AC, electricals, etc.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,998 Posts
Early non-face lift taller Carello USA spec parking/turn signal light assemblies will not fit 94-95 models as they have different fenders to match the Bosch projector lights.

That being said 94-95 parking/turn light assys will fit 91-93 Carello setup.

Fuse panels are different.

Master cylinder and booster are different. But even though front calipiers and rotors are different 24v ones will work on 12v models.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Steve-
I'm pretty sure the rear calipers and rotors are the same. Can you verify?
Will the 12V fronts work on 24V or only vice versa? Are the brake pads interchangeable?
Anyone else have any info on other stuff?

·
Premium Member
26,998 Posts
Thanks Steve-
I'm pretty sure the rear calipers and rotors are the same. Can you verify?
Will the 12V fronts work on 24V or only vice versa? Are the brake pads interchangeable?
Anyone else have any info on other stuff?
Rears are the same. Also both front and rear pads also the same.

The 12v fronts calipers have 54mm pistons vs 24v 57mm piston size but would will work on 24v but may not have the braking capability of the larger 24v pistons.

The 24v rotors thicker but smaller OD however, that being said I am running 24v larger piston front calipers with larger OD thinner 12v rotors on my S.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
I've been accumulating a few spares for my 94LS and am wondering if any of you have found parts that are or are not common to the earlier and later cars. For example, the 12V idle air valves won't work on the 24V.
Not just engine parts-brakes, steering, AC, electricals, etc.
Thanks!
Jeff,

You have opened a can of worms on this one. ;)

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Ill start a list

Wheels
Fuel Injector rubber hose
trunk carpet
the plastic cover behind the false firewall
Brake light bulbs
Oil pressure sender
10 mm bolt
fuses in the fusebox
rear ashtray assembly
I think thats about it!

Seriously, as far as main parts, there isnt much interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Please, Can I use the LS in-tank pump in my 164S?

Fellow Alfisti, and especially Goats (who I know should know):
I was anticipating the use of the in-tank fuel pump from a wrecked 1964 LS in my 1962 S which just doesn't pump steadily. I am basically lazy, and would just as soon not disassemble more than necessary. From what I have seen I thought I could just use the entire LS system as a straight swap. Please don't tell me I'm wrong unless you are sure that I am. It would break my heart. That would mean I have to take a still fixable car apart instead. But do tell me. Respond quickly, because I was thinking of doing this heart replacement on Saturday -- tomorrow.

Man these 164 cars are complicated when it comes to doing work on them! I can do my old touring spiders in the dark. Jay

·
Premium Member
26,998 Posts

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Steve is the entire fuel pump assembly interchangeable between 12 and 24V? That's what Jay wants to know ---

·
Premium Member
26,998 Posts
Steve is the entire fuel pump assembly interchangeable between 12 and 24V? That's what Jay wants to know ---
If Jay attacks, we would have a definitive answer sometime tomorrow...
The 24v tank cover and the fuel pipe elbows for pressure and return are a bit different than the 12v set up but the pump and internal parts the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts