Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shankle Weber conversion kit on my 2l spider. After taking it apart and freshening everything I can’t seem to get the throttle linkage; the curved little bar to work smoothly without binding once and a while. Does anyone have a photo they could post or an explanation of how this installs. Any experiences? Seems the curved bar is shorter on one end; does it go up or down?

Thanks Geneo

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,561 Posts
I pretty much the same problem (if we are talking about the same thing) but could not get WOT without the rod binding on the carb body. The only solution I could come up with was to weld and "L" extension onto the bellcrank to bring the rod out so it did not hit the carb when going WOT. That worked fine and drove the car with no binding and good "snap' back to idle.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. After I posted I searched and found those photos of your good solution. Should have searched first, kind of like "measure twice cut once"!!

I'm all better now.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,561 Posts
no sweat, I've quit using the search function because it sucks. Someone mentioned they use google and I tried it and it works much better..... alfa bb then whatever you are searching for. good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts