Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
8,308 Posts
I have one on a Spider I just drug home. It will be for sale after I check it`s condition an function.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
They are still being made by a fellow that picked up the designs fromShankle. He sells these on eBay

·
2,338 Posts
Brad at Alfa Ricambi will sell you a new one for about $100, maybe less. Got one from him last year. Some fettling needed with the cable. If Richard has one with a functional cable setup, go ahead. These thing never wear.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I don't see one on there now either. This was a little while ago. You may have to dig deeper. However if you can't find one I believe that I have a good used one with a new cable that I might let go of.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
On Saturday, May 9, 2020, 9:38 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Yes we make the “Sure Start” device to replace the Thermostatic Actuator on the Spica FI Alfa.

They are available. The is $79.50 for the actuator and a handle and includes shipping First Class USPS.

Regards.

Brad
AR Ricambi
800 225 2532

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
They also still make the heel-toe kit, which I will be getting for my GTV. Not being able to heel-toe in an old car is an unbearable situation for me, as it is one way to make old gearboxes last forever.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a used one in good working condition. Can send pictures after work this evening if interested.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When you're shopping from Canada, many items on eBay are not accessible, or the strange ebay shipping policies result in outrageous prices.
Agreed. And since Covid it seems to be worse for some reason

·
2,338 Posts
Yes, you can't cross the border to pick up parcels! Seriously, postal services are overloaded.

And then, I order stuff from Rockauto which arrives form California in two days, and stuff from Classic Alfa in UK in 3 days. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts