Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what parts were supplied with a Shankle Sure-Shift kit?
I know the shifter lever itself was new - but did it attach to the stock long rod? Are there other parts on the gearbox end that were swapped out?

Any help or original sales material/catalog pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have one on my car. All it consists of is the shift lever and the long arm in the drive shaft tunnel. The arm is one piece, rather than the arm bolted to a trapazoid shaped piece that was stock. Much less vagueness in the shifting as a result. A big improvement.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thanks for your help. I too have one on my coupe, and I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap it over to my sedan. I guess I need to measure the long arm to make sure that it's the same length on both cars (since the sedan has a slightly longer wheelbase) before attempting.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they only made them for Alfetta GT and GTV-6's. So says a 2000 Alfa Ricambi catalog. It says "Not sedan" which is strange considering that lots of Sport Sedans have ended up being turned into racers and performance street cars.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doh!! I was afraid of that...thanks for the info. Hmmm...wonder if I could find someone to fabricate one...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I would certainly think so. I mean it's not very complex. Provide your existing one to a metal fabricator and let them know what size the new one needs to be. I do like mine with the shorter shift in the center console. The stock alfetta shifter is way too tall!

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I have brand new trannys on both my cars and the coupe with the sure shift if definitely better than the stock one on the sedan (which really isn't too bad when everything has been replaced).

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes! Amazing what eliminating one piece of Soviet steel does to just the shifter, huh? Imagine if these cars had been made of galvanized steel! There wouldn't be just 200 of them left in existance today...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts