Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Shankle heel/toe kit for my 74 GTV with Spica.

Haven't had too much luck finding one and AR-Ricambi isn't planning on producing any in the near future.

Email me with any leads

Dan
67 Duetto
74 GTV

·
Registered
241 Posts
heel-toe kit

Hi Dan,

Don't waste your money on a heel-toe kit.

First, do you know how to heel/toe? If so, first push the brake pedal down to where it's firm. Then, curl your small toe down (on the same foot) as if the gas pedal was right there. Now unbolt the stock gas pedal, and fabricate a new pedal out of angle iron. Make sure it goes right to where your toe was curling. Now "swiss cheese" it with a drill to lighten it. The new pedal will have to be much shorter than the stock one, but that's OK. That's what I did, nad it works great, and it was free, and it only took about a half hour to make. Make sure your butterflies are all the way open when the new pedal is on the floor.

Brad

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To Brad ( argtv67 ),

Yup, I'm quite proficient at the heel toe thing. I already have installed my Sparco racing pedals and made a modified gas pedal. I will test things out when my suspension/brake rebuild/upgrade is complete and I have my used Recaros installed. One of the things I want the heel/toe kit was that it also reduces the pedal travel, which may be necessary with the new seats installed further back. We'll see.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts