Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a template or measurements for the gaskets between shankle headers and the downpipe? I'm looking at http://remflex.com/index.htm as a possible solution to my inability to keep a good seal w/traditional gasket material.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'll look and see... I think that I have a set of new copper gaskets for those headers. I know that I do have a good set of upper Shankle headers that you could use for a template.
I'll look in the next couple of days as soon as I get my S running.

Paul

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
On a side note....

I had the worst problems trying to get those headers sealed even with the Shankle thick copper gasket. Seems that if they bottom out on anything they bend slightly and the gasket will never seal again. I screwed with mine for about six months on and off and finally took them off and put the stock ones back on. If I had to do it over I would get the ones from international and be done with leaks for good. I'll still look though.

Paul

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I feel the same way, like I'm throwing good money after bad. Still, if I replace the headers I'll probably have to replace the downpipe all the way to the cat (I am not even sure I have one), and that will cost me a lot of $. Same if I get the original manifolds.

I don't think the IAP headers are designed to go to a cat, but I imagine I could have cats fit in. Performatek has nice ones for about $250. They also sell CSC headers, which are very tempting, but just too much money for me at the moment.

Please let me know if you can find the copper gasket. I think if I can order the one from remflex, it might solve my problem. Certainly worth the $45 they charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts