Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - this is the donor car that came with my '66 Stepnose. It is severely rust but somehow as not managed to collapse in on itself yet. Every single panel is bad, you'd have to literally replace every panel including the inner sills. No title, although one couple probably be obtained in a month or so.

I am going to hold on to the 1750 long block, and unless someone makes an offer the suspension and differential and transmission. Steering wheel will be coming off and could be repaired.

I wanted to offer it here before it was recycled in case anyone is seriously heroic. If no one takes the full shell then please let me know what bits you need or if you see a panel that will help you.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take pictures of both those areas tomorrow in the day light.

Robert - do you need any surrounding metal as well?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for the panel that's underneath the rear parcel shelf - it looks like you have a pretty solid one there.

Someone cut mine out to make a bass cabinet. Here's a picture of how it looks today. Any chance you could cut that out?

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,551 Posts
So impressive that even a car as far gone as this one can help others.
Pete

·
Registered
189 Posts
Re brake booster bracket.

I would need the surrounding metal edge also that fixes the bracket to the body.

I do not have this bracket on my car and need to weld your one in place on my car.

Robert

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, I'm looking for the panel that's underneath the rear parcel shelf - it looks like you have a pretty solid one there.

Someone cut mine out to make a bass cabinet. Here's a picture of how it looks today. Any chance you could cut that out?
Good (early morning). I should be able to get that cut out, will take pictures this am and then we can mark up the section you need.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robert - this section, correct? Paint is scabby but metal is solid.

Not sure how expensive shipping will be, happy to help but have you estimated cost? Won't be heavy, just bulky.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hi - this section?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi,

No, the horizontal section that's under the rear window. Someone asked you about the tape on there - that piece that makes the rear shelf.

Any chance you can just hang on to it and I'll pick it up one day when I come to LA?

-Richard

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,

No, the horizontal section that's under the rear window. Someone asked you about the tape on there - that piece that makes the rear shelf.

Any chance you can just hang on to it and I'll pick it up one day when I come to LA?

-Richard
Ah, yes. Happy to do that.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Front suspension and trailing arms are spoken for. Top of the deck here is as well, anyone need the lower section?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick update - the car was mostly stripped yesterday so the suspension parts will be available this week to those that pinged me on the bits. Ditto for body parts.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts