Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just spent the last few minutes (wife will say hours) looking at the different alternatives to the serpentine pulley ranging from Saab 9000, our sister car, to MB, Ford, and BMW.
I need to replace the entire pulley as the bearings no longer fit snug in the housing anymore (I could remove and replace without a press probably!).
I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but, what are peoples experiences with the other pulleys? What size will work - inner, outer diam and widths? I like the idea of polymer (ie plastic) over steel - less weight, rotating mass, heat transfer.
Looking at the Dayco sight you can enter the dimensions you're looking for and it'll spit out a product for you. And from that I'll spit out this pulley:
89005 is a double bearing polymer pulley that is 17x76x33. Would this be too wide for our application? I believe from what i've read that ours is 28 wide. In which case something like the 89045 (80x28) might be more appropriate.

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
Try doing a search, it's been well covered. It's probably even in the maintenance sticky by Steve. I'm running a Ford steel pulley

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree it has been well covered. I was just looking for a consensus from all the different articles and different pulleys people are trying.
what's the part # of the ford steel pulley you're using?
Was it a direct bolt in replacement, any extras needed to make it fit, etc...

thanks,

frank

·
Premium Member
26,894 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts