Alfa Romeo Forums banner

341 - 360 of 360 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Series 1 Spiders at the 2018 Olympia Convention

A total of at least seven showed up. Three 1600 Duettos and four 1750 Spiders.
It rained a bit, but that just kept the tops up.

Attachments

·
Out of the office!
11,480 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stable shoot at the cradle of humankind

My South African Veloce, together with a few of her stablemates.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
My 1967 Duetto.

Purchased out of Colorado in 2012, where it was raced in vintage events after rebuilding/restoring in 1992 or so.

After several years sorting out the mechanicals, back on the road in late August of this past year. 1700 JE pistons (10.25:1). Carrillo rods. Modified Euro cams. 123 ignition. Alternator. Electric fuel pump. Ceramic coated steel headers. Spin-on oil filter. Electric fan. Ward and Dean suspension kit. Series 3 brakes w/ dual master cylinder. Classic Alfa GTA 14x6 wheels. Pirelli CN 36 VR 185/70-14 tires. So, not original so much underneath, but true to the spirit.

1992 paint and body work (zero corrosion) are good enough, so next stop is the interior.

Last driven 23 December 2018. Cold, dry, sunny. Top down. A blast.

Happiest of New Year's to you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
^^ Very nice. Good mechanical choices. Ward & Dean is nice. I've never seen the red with burgundy combo - is that the way it came?

I have a couple of questions:

What is the ET of the 6" wheels?

What is the source of the JE pistons?

How did you do the dual circuit brakes? Does it still have the MC under the floor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
^^ Very nice. Good mechanical choices. Ward & Dean is nice. I've never seen the red with burgundy combo - is that the way it came?

I have a couple of questions:

What is the ET of the 6" wheels?

What is the source of the JE pistons?

How did you do the dual circuit brakes? Does it still have the MC under the floor?

Thanks!
Vivace --

Thanks kindly.

The maranth seats were in the car when purchased. Installed by previous owner. They are being replaced by black when I rehab the interior.

The Classic Alfa 6x14 wheels are ET 30 offsets.

The JE pistons were secured through the Alfa outfit in Georgia. There was a slight burble in that process but with 1000 miles now on the engine, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

MC was installed by previous owner. I have not traced out the circuit, but it is located in the original position for a standing pedal car.

Cheers.

DC

·
Registered
259 Posts
When I get a chance I'll take a look and see what details emerge on the MC.

Of all the apostasies I have committed on this Duetto, the most immediately gratifying, aside from the drivetrain and running gear, has been the installation of LED running lights, turn signals (with electronic flasher unit), brake lights, and reverse light. They are all Philips LED's as recommended by a fellow who does automotive lighting consulting on line. The headlight units are new manufacture, but old style Cibie H4 (by Valleo in Belgium), with Tungsram bulbs. I thought long and hard about the matter and decided ultimately that safety was more important than originality. Even after having the car in the garage since last August, I still occasionally go down at night just to play with the lights. The difference in brightness and visibility seems almost exponential. Haven't dinked with the gauge lights yet; will do that when the restored gauges are installed.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
A bit of winter exercise

Here are some snapshots of my Duetto taken in the middle of a 50+ mile drive on a beautifully sunny day in late December with the temps in the low 40's and the roads clear and dry. Quite the contrast when compared to today's Minnesota temps hovering on either side of 0 ˚F.

Attachments

341 - 360 of 360 Posts