Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone have a dead series 4 Motronic ECU lying around. I don't need the innards, just the box.
Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I would like one of these too - dead that is. Anyone?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
Ok, I will bite as I'm sure I'm going to learn something.

Why do people want "just the box"?

Can't wait.

Vin

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Not really the box, but the Bosch 35 Pin connector (or socket?) that is mounted to the box. The connector is proving difficult to find by itself. I have found a source in Australia that sells it for about $60 and the shipping is another $60. A dead ECU should be a lot less that that.

I have found out that this connector is made by Amp/Tyco exclusively for Bosch. Amp/Tyco makes millions of connectors, but this one doesn't seem to be in anyone's catalogs. I have a brother-in-law looking into it, as he owns a telephone company and buys tons of connectors by Amp/Tyco and has a rep looking into it, but I'm skeptical they find anything available to buy.

Oh, and the reason is to make an interface for an aftermarket ECU to plug into the existing harness and keep all the wiring as is in the engine compartment. I went back and forth on this and decided that even with extra sensors on my project, there are extra wires in the harness that can be diverted much easier than rewiring the whole engine compartment.

·
Registered
834 Posts
ecu for S4 SPIDER

hi have a ecu ,
in 1992 spider veloce im parting , the ecu my be good,
i have never driven the spider ,
$100 usd plus 22 to ship from toronto cdn,
if your interested t0 buy i can send pictures,
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts