Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.

Does anyone know if this would work and whether the drive shaft is a straight bolt in or not?

Any potential driving problems?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi daltonh

the rear bracket of the gearbox needs mounting flange on the bottom, and the rear axle has the new system of mounting the rear axle for 33 of the 3rd series

Regards,

Arnoud

·
Registered
755 Posts
yup you guessed it, that car is from Adelaide. Its a supercharged sud with the 4x4 wagon running gear. The poor guy could never sell it and apparently it was put together really well too. Its a good idea, but he P4 setup would be the ultimate, especially for racing.
anyone got a photo of the underside of a P4? Id like to see for myself how its done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have had tailshaft troubles with mine over the years. The tailshaft conversion would make the 4x4 more usable I think.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The P4 system is not really that well sorted, it is not really up to high power. The UJ's in the propshaft are too small and the mtg of the viscous coupling is not strong enough so that eventually the coupling can pull free.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The P4 system is not really that well sorted, it is not really up to high power. The UJ's in the propshaft are too small and the mtg of the viscous coupling is not strong enough so that eventually the coupling can pull free.
Its quite easy to strenghten the coupling mtg.. The Ujoints can be replacde with non-orginals with grease-ports wich makes them much more durable.. Somthinge else that is importnat is to use the grease-ports thats on the rear-axle and the propshaft.. Lots of people dont know about these and that is not good..

I love my P4 and is going to buy at least one more, hopefully two, one for trackdays and one i going to take the drivetrain and put on a Sud Giardinetta.. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like quite a few modifications may be needed. If anyone has some photos of a tailshaft with viscous coupling would be great to see. I presume the length would need modification too. Cheers.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have a viscous coupling at home that I could post a picture of when I go back home later this week.

lenus.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Now, here's a question that seems pertinent to this thread.

If I had a Sud (which I do) and a Subaru Legacy GT (which I do) and I wanted to get creative, what would be the outcome?

The Legacy motor is the same width (+/- 10 mm) as the sud one.

hmmm...

Chris

·
Registered
498 Posts

If I had a Sud (which I do) and a Subaru Legacy GT (which I do) and I wanted to get creative, what would be the outcome?

hmmm...

Chris
Blasphemy...

·
Registered
755 Posts

hmmm...

Chris
Wow, I never thought of that!! A sud engine in a Legacy...cooool:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts