Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a spider (did have a Guilietta for awhile), but I'm thinking about buying a '74 that I recently saw in my neighborhood. The owner claims that it has less than 60k original miles and the seats and pedals suggest that this may be true. But the car has not been treated kindly. It has big speaker holes in the door panels and pealing trim. The plastic pieces in the console are broken up a bit.

My question is to what extent are trim pieces available for these early spiders? Used or remanufactured.

Many thanks. Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have never seen exact matches for the console parts. There is a European version for the middle that is close. I am not sure who sells it right now. I have never seen any side panels for the console, but I could use a set. The rubber mats are available from several sources, such as International. World Upholstery and Trim among others has the door panels, but not the top hard plastic trim piece on the door, which I also need.

·
Banned
129 Posts
I have never seen exact matches for the console parts. There is a European version for the middle that is close. I am not sure who sells it right now. I have never seen any side panels for the console, but I could use a set. The rubber mats are available from several sources, such as International. World Upholstery and Trim among others has the door panels, but not the top hard plastic trim piece on the door, which I also need.
I've got a few extra sets of top trim for the early door panels. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
S2 Interior bits

New replacement door panels are available from Centerline and IAP and possibly others. You can also watch the bb and e-bay for people parting cars out. I have purchased a couple of used consoles and sides that way.
Centerline may also carry replacement consoles, but I don't recall seeing the console sides in their catalogs. If all the switches and knobs are in good shape, you'll be okay with the new console.
When I replace my console I may well end up with pieces leftover that are in better condition than your existing ones. I'll be interested in selling them. Obviously not new, but servicable and less expensive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have found what i need on EBay. May have to wait for it to show up or for a seller who wants a reasonable price but many of these vintage cars are being parted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts