Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can source a (good condition) second-hand passenger door locally for my 1750 GTV restoration project?
I've tried all the usual suspects with no luck.
Anyone have one lying about?
Cheers,

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats a decent door worth?
Ian
I don't exactly know as I haven't even managed a sniff of one in NZ. Am about to pay £100 for a new skin for the old one - if one turns up it will depend on how much will need to be done to it as to how much its worth. I suspect I'd go up to $500 for something decent.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Richard how bad is the door you have at the moment? That kind of money will buy you a reasonable amount of work on an existing door.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Alfasud Ti, `84 GTV6

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richard how bad is the door you have at the moment? That kind of money will buy you a reasonable amount of work on an existing door.
Bad enough for the guys to ask me to source another, but not bad enough to let me pay £200 plus freight to get a used one, also requiring work, from the UK. Lot of rust around the mounting points for the hinges and latch, and also the bottom corners.
New skin arrived in the mail today so looks like I'm going down the repair route.
Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts