Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
AR trolleybuses

Great! They were part of my Belgrade youth. I remember Ansaldo, Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Tatra trolleybuses in service. Who knows if in city public transport company’s junkyard could be found some of those jewels.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,453 Posts

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Sorry it took so long. I just found this marvelous thread.

Alfa fans are really ALFA FANS!!

!!!!!

Congratulations on a marvelous project. With so much change in todays's life its great to capture a bit of history.

Robert

·
Registered
970 Posts
Here is a link to listing of all the swedish AR 140 SF 4 Filobus

http://www.svenskbusshistoria.se/asp/search/dosearch.asp?svalue=ownerID:{87B0EA83-BBEB-498C-8B44-3724F25E3D87}%20Alfa-Romeo%20140%20AFS/4
also..
https://www.sparvagssallskapet.se/vagnhallen/typ.php?typ_id=464&PHPSESSID=8c3f1044af849d727cc4663bd445f17e
the top picture here, in post #19, is from "Slussen" , in Stockholm...on the south side of Old town....driving next to what looks like a Kaiser.... I dont recall these being Alfa Romeo buses, but I DO recall riding some of them in Stockholm in 50s, maybe 60s....

BTW Kaisers were sold by Ostermans bil AB...the company which also imported the first helicopters to Sweden, my father was the one importing them (BELL 47 ) for Ostermans, and was Europes first helicopter pilot, teaching the next 11......when he retired in 55 , he brought the first Volvos to the US and became a distributor....in 67 he sold out to Volvo and became a dealer here in Houston....

·
Registered
11 Posts
How has the conservation work begun?

Is there any pictures of the interior as it is today? When it comes to such forest finds, often a careful cleaning makes them already look so nice.

Most of all, I am very pleased to hear that this astonishing trolley found a home in the railway museum, although as a static display model. Ofcourse, I would rather see that in the end it would get some suitable Italian diesel engine, such as the FIAT/OM/Iveco 8060 from a light truck. The old electric motor drivetrain could than be displayed in the museum while you could drive with the bus, possibly as a hybrid where the diesel would drive a generator. Vintage trucks have very rugged chassis and as you know, much worse examples have been restored by normal enthusiasts.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts