Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought it would be kinda disrespectful to post this in the off-topic area:). Just a neato article about a "fixture" in Wakins Glen, NY.

http://www.senecalodge.com/review2007.gif

Yea, pour me a cold one Jack:D

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know it was a long shot but I tried to get a room there in '06 for a WG race event. The person there said the best he could do was to put me on a waiting list. He also told me that some of his customers have been coming back for the past 20 years. I ended up staying somewhere else, but I at least got to see it when I was there. :)

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I hear it's a cool place, but I like to hang out where there are real sport cars, and that 'vette just doesn't cut it... :D:D:D

Best regards,

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I hear it's a cool place, but I like to hang out where there are real sport cars, and that 'vette just doesn't cut it... :D:D:D

Best regards,
:rolleyes:Good thing you're a :confused:buddy of mine;). Well (as you know cause you were there in your Simca) I tried 2 years in the Concours with the GTV and while getting :eek:a couple of :mad::rolleyes:"Honorable Mentions:(", we're heading up in '08 in the '69 Corvette (again) and participating in the Glenora Run. :)Are you man enough to join us with those :rolleyes:4 cylinders

;);):D

ps. and Office topic:cool:, Happy Thanksgiving:).

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I can say when I see this is-

GETTIN' DRUNK AGAIN TONIGHT!!!!
Ah:confused:, what's you're excuse all those other nights:p.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
:rolleyes:Good thing you're a :confused:buddy of mine;). Well (as you know cause you were there in your Simca) I tried 2 years in the Concours with the GTV and while getting :eek:a couple of :mad::rolleyes:"Honorable Mentions:(", we're heading up in '08 in the '69 Corvette (again) and participating in the Glenora Run. :)Are you man enough to join us with those :rolleyes:4 cylinders

;);):D

ps. and Office topic:cool:, Happy Thanksgiving:).
You should know by now that my 4 cyls. can run circles around any pseudo (a.k.a. as straight line power only) "sporty" car with 8! :rolleyes: And yes, I think I can manage to get my car into the pre-1984 run. Don't want you to feel lonely now... :)

Have a great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Just thought it would be kinda disrespectful to post this in the off-topic area:). Just a neato article about a "fixture" in Wakins Glen, NY.
Nice pictures. And nice to know that it hasn't changed any in the 25 years since I was last there. From the mid-'70s to the early '80s I shot at the Glen for AP (GP. 6-Hours, CanAm, &c.) and the Seneca Lodge was a 'fixture' even then. The AP crew didn't stay there--impossible to get a room on a race weekend even back then--but we sometimes had Saturday dinner at the Seneca, with AP picking up the tab--at least up to the point where the bar tab started to exceed the bill for the food...

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I do have one big criticism of the place:mad: (;)) - boy do I hate it when after I've waited 2 hours for a dinner table, the first words out of the waitresses mouth is "Sorry, we've just run out of the Prime Rib:(

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Best regards,
Circa 2006 (top) and 2007.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just summor :cool: shots:D. No affiliation:).

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts