Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking that the intank pump is not getting juice. I pulled the unit and found that the tabs for the pump connections had weakened and detached from the sending unit head (see pic). Can I solder the tabs back on? They do have the plastic retaining clips there.

I also found that the pump didn't have a sock on it (unless it slipped off when I removed the unit:eek: So add one, right?

Thanks for the advice!

Jeff
'85 Graduate

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
10,277 Posts
go to an electronics store , buy some male blade fitting like what broke,they have a hole in the middle , you have the sender out. so drill out the remaining studs, get the blade fittings, pop rivit them in, and to seal them, epoxy the pop rivits. after the epoxy drys, it is inert to oil/gas, so don't worry about that..

·
Registered
what part?
10,277 Posts
frys won't work nor radio shack, a real electronics store.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up doing the same thing a different way. I went to Lowe's and found a smallish screw/nut combo. The screw runs through the old rivet remnant (after I took a dremel to the rivet shaft), plastic and rubber washers, plastic retainer and male tab. The fit is snug and I think it will work ok. So is it necessary to epoxy the screw head that is on the underside of the sending unit?

Also, was the intank pump filter sock a stock item? Just curious.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
what part?
10,277 Posts
i would still epoxy the nut to the screw, vibration might set it free. and yes there is a filter sock..is it on you pump still?if not it's in the tak, tank it easy to take out, just remove the upper sheil, that tank is held in by sheet metal screws... jsut jiggle the tank arond some after you removed it, you will see it, if it is still there. a clothshanger with a ' u ' shaped bend will fish it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll epoxy the nuts. Anything I should look for when the tank is out? Thanks for answering my newbie questions.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts