Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Anthony, you seem to have thought you could bully your idea into place. Perhaps where you live and thrive. But not with all. I'm outta this thread! Live free or die.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Simple solution: Why not add a poll to this thread so you can see what people really think of your idea?

"Selling Rules" : Yes or no.

Quantifiable results in black and white.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Why not add a poll to this thread?

Creating a poll without the options of what the poll poster has in mind could bring detrimental results to all. There should be specific poll choices as discussed in the thread; otherwise, voters are voting blind as to what could or would be implemented.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The issue i have with this thread is that it is in the SUGGESTIONS area. The vehemence that some have responded with seem to be more personal than constructive. I would hope that we all would be allowed to put our suggestions out there to the moderators and allow them to be reviewed with appropriate rebuttals and let them decide what if any changes need to be made. I do not like seeing someone being attacked because they make a suggestion in the Suggestion area of the forum. :( Just my thoughts on the matter.
Paul

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Simple solution: Why not add a poll to this thread so you can see what people really think of your idea?

Quantifiable results in black and white.
These aren't my ideas. They have been discussed before, but haven't gone anywhere. Just starting a poll asking the question of selling rules being a good idea, prompts people with doomsday paranoia to scream "Rules? Only from my cold, dead hands!" I've never had so much hate spewed over a "Suggestion". Just goes to show that a "Public" forum can also sometimes bring out the worst in people. Ultimately it's up to the moderators. So, moderators, consider any benefit to what I brought up in the original post. If it makes sense to you, implement what you feel would make things better. If you think things as best left as is, then we can all forget that this thread, as well as some of the posters/comments ever happened.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Neo297,

I completely agree, as I also attempted to point out in some earlier posts.

I use the parts for sale forum on a regular basis sourcing parts for my '73 Spider and I've put forward a couple of ideas that from my prospective as a user of the forum would be helpful.

I do have a couple of questions to those that are so vigorously objecting to any of the suggestions put forward in this thread: do you actively use the for sale forums to buy or sell parts so that you would be personally impacted if any of the suggestions were actually implemented, or are your objections only philosophical?

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Those selling items, cars or parts, etc., should provide detailed, accurate and truthful descriptions; and provide quality digital photographs on or off-list, off-list via a Web site or email. (Photos cannot be attached to, or embedded within CR postings. See #6 below). Once a buyer has agreed to your price, the seller is obligated to follow through. Determine your asking price carefully as you are bound to it. PayPal is encouraged as a payment tool to protect both parties.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Paypal is of no protection whatsoever. I am learning this right now.

One can not go to paypal and reverse a payment, but one CAN go to a bank and have said payment to paypal reversed, which will...get this... remove money from the checking account your paypal is associated with.

Devious huh. Special place in hell awaiting a certain Alfa seller from Joplin!
robert

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Oh, another thing.

I bought a factory hardtop from a gentleman in the DC area who advertised it here on the list.

He said, he had never visited this site before, but thought it the proper venue to let people know what he had.

Of course everybody kind of ganged up on him for not A) posting a pic and B) not knowing if it was off a S3 or S4 and C) if it was factory or an aftermarket.

I ended up with it, cash in hand (and a bottle of Alfa Rosso wine because that's my style) and couldn't be happier.

It should be easy enough when someone posts about ink printer refills or iPADS for $1 to ignore them until a moderator can take the time for removal.

This site is great. I do chuckle when I read political comments, snide remarks about our president or former speaker of the house. Living in Portlandia where one can't leave the grocery store without someone wanting your signature to "Free Tibet" as if my little scribble will get passed onto the Chinese in power. My point, your snide comments probably aren't going to change the course of government. When I hear "replace the floor" I assume there is rust involved.

Anyway, a long winded way of saying keep it like it is, we can always chose to ignore, and white cars still suck.
Robert

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
White cars suck ???

I think not !! Slow, maybe....
I have bought and sold quite a few items here with good and bad results.
No reason to change the rules. Just man up and get on with it !
This is a forum for adults who can handle the occasional outburst from the unhappy few.
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I make exceptions to white duettos.

While I might not buy one, they are all beautiful.

Reminds me of what a serial dating friend once said, "all women are beautiful, just that some are more so that others."

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I may keep it "primer white"....
seems to attract fewer fuzz.
My big problem is people asking if I am the original owner !!
Ouch ;^)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Funny, I had a different problem with a 1955 190SL (red of course)

Bought it straight outta college with a signing bonus.

Figured it would attract "chicks"

Older women would flock around my car, reminiscing about olden days and "Cads" they had dated back in the day.

That and people wouldn't believe it was mine, and not say, my father's.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts