Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi bianchi1,

I'm certainly interested in the T5 conversion, but I'd really need a clear and concise description of your solution, and "pictures before purchase" would be an absolute must. I think you'd have better luck generating interest in your kit if we could all see and understand exactly what you've developed.

Regards,

Nick

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
photos are coming.

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
update , the kit will inc. adapter plate alfa bell housing to t5, driveshaft plate,and inputshaft bushing..and instuction on how to finsh the rest..1 trip to the machine shop for your motor mount, and bellhousing, and 1 trip to your local driveshaft shop.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
pitchurs, pitchurs, pitchurs

Attachments

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
and a few more

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
wow!!! :):) thats service, thanks dark lord..:):) oh yes? the ' red ' paint..to make it go faster:):):).. the question you might ask... i am going to use a diff location for my shifter.. that why the shifter is further back. with the s10 you will be in the ' stock ' location.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
speedometer

one thing i've been looking at is the speedo drive. i have a 94 v6 mustang trans and i think it uses an electronic sender for the speedometer. i haven't really looked too close [ haven't taken it apart]. will i be able to attach the speedometer cable?

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
just get a cable speedo drive.. it will just hook up to the drive in the tranny.they interchange back and forth, cable- electric.. no big problem.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I like the project. I would like to see more discussion on the problems if any one faces in making the conversion. I am definitely interested in this practical conversion

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i have all the peices now.. just waiting on a driver side motor mount, then instale/ drive/report. mid month..

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
had the last peice made. machinest. did it wrong the first time. but the basic fit was perfect, just needed to change the 4 holes for the disk to alfa rear-end, and 4 hole from the disk to the driveshaft..i got some really cool shoulder bolts that fit snugly into each hole,( a press in fit ) so no movement at all.. very nice set up. just waiting on that driverside motor mount.

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
update

anyone want to see the photos of my t5 in the car? but before i shock you, i am useing a more rearward shifter location.if you use the other shift tower ( i.e. ) s10, it will fit like stock.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I ain't skeered, show'em

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
will get them up in a few days.. must send them out to post.

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
photos should be up in a day or so.. but untill then.. bolted the driveshaft adapter to the diff. perfect fit..i just need to get the drivedshaft cut and mounted now..and get the angles right.it's going to be a close fit. with alumiunm driveshaft.. but i am going this direction.. if a lightweight steel shaft will work i will give the recipe for that also.

·
Registered
what part?
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
oh , the fun of getting the driveline angle good

got the alum. driveshaft in the car.. now i am trying to set up the driveline angle, lots of fun:(,on my back, getting really dirty:mad:, measure shim it up bolt it up, check..rats.:mad:. do it agian..getting close on it thuo..need to get longer bolts for the tranny mount to get the last shims in..

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
was cutting out the tunnel required for trans tunnel clearance? i understand that a new hole for the rear shifter [which i like] was required. how close was it? too much for a bfh?

21 - 40 of 97 Posts