Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
The car is sold! Thanks for all your interest and inquiries.

Tony

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm at one of those forks in the road of life, and so am selling my GTV. It's a 1974 GT Veloce 2000, Alfa rosso with black interior. Mileage approx 98,000. Slightly warmed 2L rebuilt last winter, less than 2500 miles. Front suspension rebuilt, sport springs, Bilsteins, cross-drilled rotors, 7x15 alloys, other goodies. Much new body rubber.

Asking $6,500.

I have a 4 page Word doc with details on the car, and many digital pics. Car is in Portland OR, I'll deliver as far as Seattle, farther and the buyer will need to make arrangements.

Here's one pic, email me for others and the description.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Tony,

Sorry to hear that you are parting with your GTV. She look like shes in great shape and well taken care of.

Hopefully it will just be temporary untill you have another.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Tony,

Boy I wish you were selling back when I was buying !!!

I love the bumpers without the overriders. Are they from a different year ? It's hard to tell if there are holes left over.

Any help ?

Dan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the bumpers without the overriders. Are they from a different year ? It's hard to tell if there are holes left over.

On the front, the bumpers are one piece, so I just removed the overriders. I replaced the mounting bolts with shorter bolts with clean round heads, and I polished the bumper where the overriders had worn the finish of the SS. A little more polishing would make it perfect, but it looks good.

In back there are joints under the overriders, but I think you can get SS trim to cover them, I believe the Euro cars did not have the overriders. I think earlier cars had solid rear bumpers that could be substituted too. I have not removed the back overriders yet.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
But but but

Isn't this GTV a European model? What with those round marker lights.

Tony, she looks great! I'm sorry to hear that you have to let her go.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Velocewest said:
Asking $6,500.
Oh! What a nice GTV!! :D

Too bad it's a little bit out of my budget, maybe in 2-3 months I would have saved enough $$ for it... sigh... :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Isn't this GTV a European model? What with those round marker lights.
Somewhere in its life, the marker lights were changed to the Euro style, but this car is a 115.01 USA model, with Spica.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Need Info!

I tried to e-mail you, but the board won't release your e-mail. I PM'd you. The car looks great. Thanks

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Buy it!

Welcome to the board Storsav!

Bring another GTV to the LBC!

·
Registered
357 Posts
where in Long Beach?

I'm over off of Ximeno and Ahaheim.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Not far from you. In fact I know of a '73 GTV near you too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
GTV

Is this 1973 for sale? Would it be possible to see your GTV or GTV's? anytime soon. I've got experience with Berlinas and Spiders, but not the GTV's. Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Contact

Hi, I am in your neck of the woods, Seattle. Wondering how to get in touch with you regarding your gtv. I am very interested and have been looking for quite some time. Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
GTV Info

Tony, If your GTV is still available send me the additional info. Thanks.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I got an email from a AlfaBB member saying that Velocewest's car has alredy sold. I didnt want to end the thread because I was waiting for Velocewest to do it himself.

You never know!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts