I will be moving out of my workshop and will be selling our 1975 Alfetta GT race car (potential street car) that we have owned for many years. I use the term “we” and “our” as this Alfa was purchased as a father and son project about 15+ years ago when my son was 16 years old. Although the car ran at a number of SCCA events (I still have the log book and many inspection stickers) prior to our purchase, I wanted to ‘spruce it up’ while teaching my son about the mechanics (how things work), maintenance (what to look for and why it’s important), driving (learn car dynamics) and the feeling of pride (knowing that he participated in building something that he owned). Well, the project started out strong but then my job, unfortunately, required more travel which meant less available time coupled with some challenges in sourcing certain parts...this began to delay the progress. I recall one particular challenge was finding the very early Alfetta driveshaft donuts. Although there were challenges (mostly finding time), plenty of work was actually completed. Time past and my son’s interest changed as he grew older. Having other Alfas and projects in the ‘stable’ to tend to made it even more of a challenge. Alas, the project stalled although it reached about 85%-90% completion.

Fast forward, what remains to be completed are installing the drive shaft (I now have all 3 new donuts sourced from 3 different EU countries), finish the exhaust system from the front euro exhaust muffler back (I will include new exhaust tubing that I purchased for this purpose), bolt-in a brand new Sparco race seat that I will include (paid over $700), install a seat harness (don’t recall if I bought a set but will include if I did), install fire extinguisher, replace rear hatch with a rust-free solid one that I will include (although not completely necessary but I was/am picky), replace fuel gauge sender with a new one that I will include, install new battery and some other minor items, give it a final tune-up and enjoy.

The heart of the Alfetta, namely the engine, was taken apart and components examined for wear. Any part found to be out of factory spec was replaced. The engine had larger valves and some porting work done prior to our purchase. I won’t say it’s a new engine (since pistons, bearings, valves etc are not all new, nonetheless, it’s as close to one can get. It ran very well and sounded great after the engine was bolted together and installed in the Alfetta (albeit with just the headers). I have a spare running 2 liter Alfetta engine that I bought which can be negotiated with the Alfetta purchase. In fact, I have many other Alfetta GT spare parts available (including front/rear stainless euro bumpers and all the interior parts, door panels, carpet etc) that can be discussed with the purchase. The Alfa has been stored in a clean dry workshop in the SF Bay Area during my ownership. It’s a California car and is a solid platform painted in the Italian colors…well maybe Irish as the red seems to have turned closer to orange now. Nonetheless, the paint job is kind of unique (nostalgic) and someone took the time to actually paint the Alfa logo on the hood.

Here is a list of newly installed parts:

Engine – All new engine gaskets, all seals, water pump, K&N air filters, motor mounts, thermostat, all belts, racing alternator, spark plugs, solid core ignition wires, ignition coil, battery cable (battery relocated to trunk area), all coolant hoses, rebuilt radiator, fuel filters in engine bay, under car and in-tank, new fuel pump, Shankle sure start, Spica pump seals and gaskets, Spica belt and accelerator cable.

Transmission/Clutch – New clutch, clutch bearing, seals, transmission mounts, main clutch and slave cylinders, flexible stainless clutch line, inspection of all gears and carriers (all found to be excellent and within factory specs).

Driveshaft – Early Alfetta driveshaft with new donuts and center bearing (in car but needs to be bolted)

Suspension – New upper/lower A-arm bushings, tie rods, caster (converted to solid ball joint), sway bar mounts (front/back), sway bars (front/back - all Shankle), new de-dedion bushing and rear springs

Brakes – New rotors (I think slotted all around), brake pads, stainless brake lines, brake booster and brake master cylinder

Wheels/Tires – New Falken tires with refurbished factory Campagnolo rims (very light).

Lights/Electricals – New headlights, wiring, ignition switch/w key

I’m sure I’m forgetting other items that have been bought and installed on the Alfetta. Unfortunately, the car is about 4 hours away from where we currently live so that’s all the parts I can remember from memory.

This would be a fantastic father and son project to complete as most of the ‘heavy’ work has been done and the remaining items are fairly straight forward.
This Alfetta may not be the fastest car, but it certainly can be the most reliable, easy to drive and maintain since just about all wearable parts have been replaced with new parts. In addition, from what I see, the Alfetta GT is appreciating in value.

I wish I could keep this and some other Alfas that I have listed for sale ( 1985 Alfa GTV6 Race Car with 5-Speed Colotti Gearbox ) but continuing to rent a workshop so far away no longer makes sense and it’s time to downsize to a more manageable ‘stable’ that I can fit in our garage.

Some of you may ask if the Alfetta can be registered in California. I don’t remember if I was ever given a California title when I purchased the car from the previous owner (who has sadly since past away). I may be wrong and will certainly check my files to see if I indeed have the title. I never registered the car or did anything with the DMV as this was going to be mainly a race car. I do know that being a 1975 model year, it does not require a smog certificate. Given that this car hasn’t been registered in probably over 20 years (The previous owner had shared he never registered the car when he owned it), it may have fallen off the California DMV records. If this is the case, it’s fairly a straightforward process to start a new registration for the Alfetta. I just went through this with another Alfa I sold.

The Alfetta is located in Santa Clara, CA and I'll be visiting the workshop over the next several weeks as I take inventory and photos in prep for selling other Alfa parts and cars. I'm not a dealer, just a private person who caught the Alfa virus 30+ years ago and have been playing ever since. I now live near Reno, NV (4 hour drive to workshop) and have decided that paying the crazy high rents in the SF Bay Area for a hobby workshop no longer makes sense. I hope to find a buyer that will appreciate this unique Alfa, especially a father and son team. I'm looking for a quick sale and prefer to meet potential buyers in-person. I will be at the workshop June 13 – 16 should someone want to make an appointment. Asking $10k obo

As for other Alfa items or cars, I will list those as I decide what I'm going to keep or sell. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

P.S. I will not respond to scammers and the like.