Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 83 GTV6 thats been sitting for about three years. Belt slipped resulting in bent valves. I have worked with the 2 litre engines for years but have no experience with the six cylinder. I miss that exhaust note and the ability to go from 25mph to 90 mph in third gear alone. So being of the "cash poor" persuasion, I would like to appeal to you all to get creative in getting this car back on the road. What I have to offer is (4) spica pumps. All working and easily tuned. Two or three starters. Two sets of straight doors, trunk and hood lids (white and gold). A pretty straight stainless rear bumper. (a gem when you consider that they want $850 for a new aftermarket one) Two, running, 2L engines (came out of cars that I owned and have plenty of life left, plug and play). Two trannies. (smooth shifting, and quiet, yes 2nd gear too), A couple of top frames. Half dozen tach and speedo's. A dashboard that I deemed worth keeping. And a perfect head. Complete with valves. (also plug and play). I have some other items but cant really think of what else. I am in Santa Cruz CA. Did I mention the 72 spider far from complete but the body is surprisingly straight and rustless, too much to restore for this old dog but still has some useful things. What I desire is an engine for the 83 GTV6, or a pair of heads that will make her sing again. If the latter, then some advice or repair tips would be welcomed as well. I would hate to have the car go the way of genocide. I suppose I could sell the GTV6, but reluctantly. Any creative solutions or ideas are welcomed. I'll sell any of the above mentioned items for a reasonable (cheap) amount. "cause we need the bucks". Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Contact International auto parts,

They give you store credit for used cores and rebuildable parts. That way you would probably do an even swap for two completely rebuilt V6 heads that are plug and play.

Just a thought.

Cheers
Martin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts