Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
Along with my Giulietta, I have a couple other old cars. One of them needs some stainless steel trim strips for the interior door panels, but nobody makes repros and they are NLA. Does anyone have suggestions of how I might find a company that could reproduce these pieces from a good sample? My problem is that the market for such an item would only be in the low hundreds, which seems to be far to few to interest any of the big companies reproducing trim for classic American cars.

Thanks for all ideas.

John Feng

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
John:

As you may be aware, there is a company reproducing bumpers in stainless steel for BMW CS and 2002. While a few minutes of web research didn't turn up the name of the manufacturer, I was able to locate their ebay distributor: deucemusic | eBay

Evidently this company has mastered the problem of low-volume, stainless steel parts for vintage cars. Whether they would be interested in making the parts that you require is an unknown, but it might be worth making an inquiry.

Good luck!

·
Registered
426 Posts
About a decade ago there was a guy in Los Angeles importing stainless steel bumpers and whatnot from the former Soviet Union.

I sent him the sheet metal parts and they created a very good facsimile of it in what appeared to be 400 series stainless steel. The parts polished up nicely. Haven't rusted yet.

After my initial buy of about a dozen different parts I lost contact with them. They made everything from Jaguar MKII bumpers to side lamp bezels.

I will look for the contact information and get back to you.

Bob

Edit: found this company (http://www.bumperworld.eu/) when I searched for "stainless steel bumpers" using Google. It looks like my guy of a decade ago has been subsumed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts