Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance company is asking for an appraisal of my 1974 GTV 2000. The car lives in Woodstock, NY. I'm willing to travel 60 miles in any direction to get the job done. Any suggestions?

Robertino

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'74 GTV Appraisal

The antique car insurance premium seems to run around $125 a year, but the problem is that those policies severly limit the use of the car for transportation -- even to the point of proscribing use of the car when another vehicle is being repaired. Since I don't wish to live with those restrictions, I have a regular policy with Libert Mutual. If I total the car, LM will not give me much for it, unless I have it appraised. My guess is that the appraisal will come in at about $15,000. The annual premium will be about $1,000.

Robertino

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Appraisal in NY

Robertino, I had an appraisal done for an agreed value polcy by an AROC member on LI, His name was Vic, last name escapes me right now but you can probably track him down through AROC NY or LI chapter. He was an active guy, should be easy to find, If I can find something with his name when I get home I'll post it here. He was a good guy.
Good Luck

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts