Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything that can be done to save the cardboard door trims once they go soft? Or is there a way of making a new backing? I'd like to do something with the ones in my sedan before the fabric becomes the only thing holding them together, but replacements seem impossible to find :001_unsure:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I have a few new ones. TST Rettburg in Germany also had several a few years ago, and they might be still on their shelves gathering dust. Photo?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked them up, they have a LH rear one available. My colour too. I'm awaiting a reply on other trims, but looks like that might be what's left. Thankyou for your help Alex, if you're happy to part with a set, I'd be grateful to rehome them :)

This one is mine, Looks alright, but the fabric just floats in the breeze down the bottom. RH trim is worse, it's held up with tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Nothing that colour, I'm afraid. Good to know that TST have something, though. Don't completely discount AFRA in Italy if you can provide the original part number, or some of the more obscure suppliers like Benavelis in Greece.

Are the screw holes in the bottom of the door rusty and unable to hold a self-tapping (sheet metal) screw effectively? If so, drill them out to accept riv-nuts and then re-fit using a raised head counter-sunk machine screw (having treated any corrosion first).

Good luck and let me know if you need any other bits. I'm clearing out my Alfetta parts in the coming weeks and I'll be letting things go with very big discounts.

Cheers,

Alex.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Alex, I've sent you a PM.

The doors themselves are perfect, screw holes and all - It's just that the trims have gotten wet and the backing has gone to mush.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts