·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, we should organize an Alfa paddock some where. I will say I am partial to pavement while lying under my car.

It would be smart to draw from a bigger pool of spares as well.

There's a gaggle of GTV's that usually run this event as well.

I am upgrading the headlights on my car to run the night Enduro. This time I will remember to take my sunglasses off when the sun goes down.

Greg

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You should come down a week early and do Road Atlanta too - 2015 Southern Vintage Classic | SVRA
I'd love to go to Road Atlanta Ed.. Never been.

There is a great deal if you enter both Sebring and Road Atlanta you get a free entry in a non invitational race with the SVRA.

But that's the week of the winter break for my boys school. Sadly, family and wife trump racing.

A happy wife etc...

Greg

·
Premium Member
13,984 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am soliciting suggestions on a paddock location for the Alfas that wish to paddock together.

The race shops usually grab the best spots against the fence by the water and power hookups before any of us privateers show up.

I have seen Rob M. down on the grass behind the bleachers usually, I like me some pavement, but will go with the flow.

Any thoughts?

Greg

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Following up on Richard's post under COTA thread
Richard:
I'm coming to both Atlanta (never ran in the day, built after I quit actively racing) and Sebring (last ran there 46 years ago, the original 5.2 mile course) - so I'll be starting fresh on both courses :)
I've emailed Rob Mocas, don't know his plans yet. Glad to see you coming, Vince, remember the beer.
And yes, Greg, I want to pit with the Alfas, wherever y'all set up.
Atlanta cold this time of year? Wind chill was minus 8 two days ago, whatever it is in Atlanta it will be balmy.
Wil

·
Richard Jemison
7,371 Posts
Sebring

I am leaving very(very!) early Wednesday and hope (have to) get there in time for registration.
I will send you my cell # and if you would forward it to Rob.
I am dropping off a 750 Veloce engine in Clearwater and then continuing over.

Since Atlanta was canceled, if you guys want a layover you can stay here in Pensacola. Plenty of room, or space for your tow vehicles, RVs etc....
See PM

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If all goes according to plan (how often does that happen?) I will be picking up my buddy Frank at 10:00 AM Wednesday in Orlando and heading straight for the track. So I will probably arrive between 12:00 to 1:00 PM

Usually the race shops send their trailers down a few days before the races to secure the best spots, so they are taken. And this race weekend also has a Pro Trans Am race within it so they will probably arrive early and go for the closest spots as well. (Points and $ on the line)

So I vote for going down further away from the area where the false grid is and higher up in the concrete paddock space. More towards turn 16 than 17. Closer to the fence where the access road is and not so close to the back straight where its incredibly noisy when the cars are running.

BTW, it look like some rain may show up so wipers, rain x , rain tires etc. might prove useful.

Greg

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
When Atlanta was cancelled, I just left everything in the trailer and plan to leave Tuesday AM. Just clearing a little light snow so I can drive out, boy am I READY for some nicer weather :). Greg, you may be first on scene, sounds like Richard may be there sometime Wednesday as well. Depending on the first day's travel weather, I'll be there either Wednesday PM or Thursday AM. I think Rob Mocas is planning for Thursday AM.
Safe travels to all,
Wil

Attachments

·
Richard Jemison
7,371 Posts
Think Positive!

BTW, it look like some rain may show up so wipers, rain x , rain tires etc. might prove useful.
Not in Sunny Florida!
Been in the 70s for the last two days here in North Fla. (F-l-a Far Lower Alabama)

·
Richard Jemison
7,371 Posts
Hmmmnnn

Maybe I was optimistic...:crying2:

SVRA hasn`t had a good Febuary this year weather wise!

Wednesday - Sunny :)
Thursday - Thunder storms .6" rain :crying2:
Friday - Rain .5" :crying2:
Saturday - Rain .4" :crying2:
Sunday - Cloudy :frown2:

·
Richard Jemison
7,371 Posts
White and Fluffy????

Are you refering to that Toxic White Pollution that occurs frquently above I-10 ?

Temps in the 70s per long term forecast

So far this AM I counted 10 Alfa entrants.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Toxic indeed, especially when exacerbated with below zero wind chills.
Greg is listed between Scigliano and Seidel on the entry list :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
When you guys get back from your race weekend's maybe you could give a report on how SVRA treats everybody and groups the cars? SVRA has taken over the Portland Historics in July and very mixed reports so far!

1965 Giulia Spider : EP SCCA Race car from 1968 to 1988, removed flares, air dam, roll cage,ect, 1992/currant/ Vintage Race car still with 1600 motor,now with 2nd generation driver and 3rd gen driver getting ready!

If you don't want to put anything in writting on the BB email:

Denny [email protected] [email protected] frontier.com

·
Richard Jemison
7,371 Posts
SVRA

I would rather race with these guys than any other Organizers. They are friendly to racers and quite flexable as to car mods.

Cars with "real" period race history can race as updated through the era as SCCA allowed modifications. My car is an example as is the widebody Giulietta I sold to a collector in Hollyweird.

To avoid the 14" tire issues they simply moved several of us from Gp 3 to Gp 8.

Pics are of me & the Duetto in 1972 and 2014
The Giulietta at the new owner`s warehouse.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts