Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone;

Is it possible to move the seat rails back in the car so that the seats can go back even further than stock? I'm guessing this is really the only option for giving myself even more leg room. Any info or alternate suggestions would be appreciated.

M

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mickey,

I suppose one could fab a new set of brackets (for the driver side, anyway) that would capture the current mounting holes and then mount your old seat brackets to these new brackets, further back. Of course, it will not travel as far forward as before the modification. I'm guessing that keeping it low profile, it shouldn't raise the seating position very much.

Doug

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mickey- yes, you can as Doug suggests fabricate a simple pair of extension plates made of commonly available steel strap. Relocate the seat mounting holes rearward a couple of inches or so (about all you can get) and then drill new holes for the track mounting bolts. You will see that the rear seat cushion will now be the travel limiting factor.
I am 6'3" and this trick has enabled me to drive my GTV in a somewhat more comfortable position, i.e.- my knees and hands aren't fighting for the same real estate....so much....anymore.

·
Registered
86 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts