Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long shot I know, but might anyone have a set of deep bucket seats for a 67 veloce step nose in original grey vinyl?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 2 front 1600 GTV seats and a rear seat that I will likely sell as a set. They have been recovered and unused since in red.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 front 1600 GTV seats and a rear seat that I will likely sell as a set. They have been recovered and unused since in red.
thanks but I'm after the original gray color. while the usual vendors sell covers purporting to be the original color their covers are more nearly black. Looks like my best hope is Elvezio Esposito in Cosenza Italy

·
Registered
24 Posts
PBAlfisti, I am very interested in your seats. Could you please post a few pics and asking price?
thanks
1967GTV

·
Registered
18 Posts
PBAlfisti, I am very interested in your seats. Could you please post a few pics and asking price?
thanks
1967GTV
Hi. Thanks for your interest. I’m asking $2,000 for the complete set of the two front seats and the matching complete rear seat because that’s what I paid for them last year. I’ve decided to go with GTA recreation seats for my GTA-R build instead. Here is a photo of the fronts. I don’t have a photo of the rear handy but it’s in great shape and covered to match. Thanks. Josh
151049E7-7CAD-4A00-BDEC-C6CABC211392.jpeg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi. Thanks for your interest. I’m asking $2,000 for the complete set of the two front seats and the matching complete rear seat because that’s what I paid for them last year. I’ve decided to go with GTA recreation seats for my GTA-R build instead. Here is a photo of the fronts. I don’t have a photo of the rear handy but it’s in great shape and covered to match. Thanks. Josh
View attachment 1614973
Josh,
They are beautiful, but I am looking for a set to recover in my original testa di moro brown, hate to recover yours. Hopefully someone needs them in red.
thanks anyway

·
Registered
18 Posts
Josh,
They are beautiful, but I am looking for a set to recover in my original testa di moro brown, hate to recover yours. Hopefully someone needs them in red.
thanks anyway
No problem. I was planning on recovering them myself in black leather. I just jumped on the opportunity at the time because how rare they are. I probably won’t advertise them for another month or so let me know if you change your mind.
Thanks! Josh

·
Registered
18 Posts
Josh,
thanks anyway
And another thought. Make sure to find a set near you because they aren’t light and shipping would cost a fortune. Mine are located in Monterey, CA and I drove 6 hours each way to pick them up from Los Angeles. Just something to keep in mind!

·
Registered
140 Posts
As for shipping I recently shipped a set cross country and found if you put both seats in one box and ship via USPS it can be quite reasonable, less than $300 with insurance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even less if you use Greyhound. They will pack into a Uhaul wardrobe box, and for <$100 (and a lot of tape), they'll ship to the nearest depot.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sure if you don't want seats covered as per the factory specs and you want to customize you car go for the red seats pictured so may suit show and shine customized car categories. These red seats will not suit concourse as the concourse judges are well informed because they have read. 105 Leather Bertone DeLuxe Option

But I will point out 'the GT Veloce's 1600 could be ordered in the Bertone De Luxe body option which included extra options. One of the extra options was a leather interior, the leather seat panels had perforations in the leather.
There were only 6 colors for the interior seats of the GT Veloce 1600. Two colors for leather were dark brown leather (pelle testa di moro) or red leather (pelle rossa), plus two colors for vinyl they were dark grey (nero fumo) or light tan(cuoio) and two colors for a cloth/vinyl combination grey/dark grey (panno grigio unito-finta pelle nero fumo) and light tan/tan(panno cammello-finta pelle cuoio). There were only 4 colours for the door cards two for leather: dark brown leather (pelle testa di moro) or red leather (pelle rossa) and two for vinyl they were dark grey(nero fumo) or light tan(cuoio). '

These red seats shown in the pictures if in leather don't have the correct number of panels which need to be seven for the front seats in leather. They don't have the Bertone DeLuxe perforation pattern either. The seats never came in black leather. Do a search on Alfabb for Bertone DeLuxe to see more details. 105 Leather Bertone DeLuxe Option
If they are vinyl covered seats they had 5 panels on the front seats for vinyl. The seats in vinyl had basket weave on the panels. The vinyl seats never came in red vinyl or in black vinyl.

The GT Veloce 1600s seats are some the most complicated/time consuming Bertone Deluxe Alfa Romeo seats to retrim (along with the Bertone Deluxe 2600, GTV 1750 S1 and S2 to re-trim in leather). You need to give your trimmer clear instructions and find out their skill limitations before you start. You will most like have to out source the Bertone DeLuxe perforation pattern. Unfortunately using modern laser technology for the perforations will not give you that original look so this is one case where using modern technology is not an option.
Regards Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts