Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1984 sprint which has knackered seats in.The carpet is brown the dash is brown and the previouse owner has fitted black sud ti seats with the green logos in The question i would like to ask is which seats are available for the sprint from other alfas (i have a spare set of 164 in light tan leather which Probably wont fit) As there are a few for sale on evil bay from 146 and 147 would they fit or has any body used alternatives

·
Registered
787 Posts
im reasonably certain only the 33 and sud are a strait swap...to use any others you will have to make an adaptor plate to fit the new seat and its rails to your floor mounting points

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Definitely right re seat rail spacing-changed when Sprints went to 33 rather than Alfasud floor pan so 33 seats swap over (bolt straight in) to around `mid `83 Sprints-the ones with drum rear brakes-onwards. Alfetta GTV/GTV6 seats would be good and make access to rear easier plus driver`s seat height adjustable. They are still genuine Alfa plus probably more readily available-anything Sud/Sprint apart from mechanical components is hard to get nowadays. re the 164 seats they are pretty heavy in comparison.

Richard J
`69 GTJ,`74 GTV, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Alfasud Ti, `84 GTV6, `90 164.
Richard J

·
Registered
787 Posts
it might not be original but you can get some very reasonable quality aftermarket seats that are copys of popular *** brands very cheap through *** importers and flea bay. i purchased a pair for 550 delivered ... made some adaptors and bolted em in using the old seat rails.... feel great- very snug and being black fabric with black leather they look quite good too

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all your help. Dont think ill try the 164 route or the gtv6 recaros Ill have to keep checking on ebay and hope something materialises

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looks like you found some. But if not one option is to take yours to a trimmer and gety a quote. You would be absolutelly amazed what a total rebuild and recover lolooks like.:) Mine were 1500 front back and door trims.

regards

paolo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Spider 916 Seats in Sprint

I have a '86 sprint and original seats' quality is very poor -not only the cloth, also the refill and structure-

33 seat shouldn´t be recomendable, as you can't access back seats with them, and Baquets are not adequate for long travels.... so I fitted a couple or Spider seats only changing the metal guides from one seat to the other.

They are stiff enough and not too diferent than original ones. GTV's are very similar , except the plastic piece that protects headrest from belts.

I wrote all the instructions and materials required in Spanish in

www.sprintmania.com

(last section in "Taller Sprint" link)

The colour, obviously is not the same... something to do next year !!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts