Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an original set of seatbelts for a 72 GTV 2000. Must be in nice shape.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Adam, I was trying to find nice original 'type' seatbelts for my '66 Duetto when JimG suggested some belts from JEGS.
I ended up buying a nice set of lap belts, with price matching from eBay for about $45. The belts are 'Retro Belt -USA' brand. I was a little disappointed to find out they were 'made in China' but they look very good. They have not been installed yet but I suspect they may need to be shortened a foot or two.

Mark

·
Registered
745 Posts
what are you looking for original Klippen style belts crab claw style with a center hoop or something that is a 3 point retractable that are original or will aftermarket ones do for you?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,399 Posts
what are you looking for original Klippen style belts crab claw style with a center hoop or something that is a 3 point retractable that are original or will aftermarket ones do for you?
The original belts on my '72 are a mix of retractable and non-retractable belts. That is to say, the lap belt portion is retractable, and the shoulder belt is not retractable and clips into the belt after you latch the lap belt.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this point open to original or aftermarket, thanks.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The original belts on my '72 are a mix of retractable and non-retractable belts. That is to say, the lap belt portion is retractable, and the shoulder belt is not retractable and clips into the belt after you latch the lap belt.
Joe, is this like the original setup?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have installed a complete set of the Securon belts in a 74 GTV That did not have any retractable belts at all in the frt. These were actually quite a PIA installation is easy but the retractable part seemed to have a mind of its own, sometimes would pull out clean, most times not, would not always retract all the way

Have a look at Seatbelt planet if you are not interested in original and believe it or not Walmart I looked at a lot of different seat belts for an upgrade to a 70 BMW 2002ti that I am restoring for a fellow. There is lot out there

Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adam, I was trying to find nice original 'type' seatbelts for my '66 Duetto when JimG suggested some belts from JEGS.
I ended up buying a nice set of lap belts, with price matching from eBay for about $45. The belts are 'Retro Belt -USA' brand. I was a little disappointed to find out they were 'made in China' but they look very good. They have not been installed yet but I suspect they may need to be shortened a foot or two.

Mark
Thanks for the headsup, Mark, I will take a look!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,643 Posts
Follow-up to this: has anyone tried the Retrobelt retractable seat belts that are available at Summit Racing and JEGS? I have the Classic Alfa Securon ones in my '74 GTV and the retractor is kind of crap on them, so they're a real pain to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts