Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know about the dreaded seatbelt interlock system and how much we hate it. Luckily, the previous owner bypassed it on my car (somehow).

Now that I'm in the process of restoring it and putting the interior back together, is it possible to completely remove all the unnecessary wiring and that Bosch box on the passenger side? I'd love to simplify things and clean up under the dash!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
So we all know about the dreaded seatbelt interlock system and how much we hate it. Luckily, the previous owner bypassed it on my car (somehow).

Now that I'm in the process of restoring it and putting the interior back together, is it possible to completely remove all the unnecessary wiring and that Bosch box on the passenger side? I'd love to simplify things and clean up under the dash!
It’s possible but a tedious task. If the harness is still in the car, then it’s going to be a PITA; if it’s out of the car, you’ll need to unwrap the harness, remove the unnecessary wires, and rewrap the harness, preferably with the correct, non-adhesive black PVC stretch tape.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,610 Posts
The factory way to bypass the interlock system is to cut wire #13 (black/green) at the Bosch box and electrically connect it to wire #10 (black/red). That directly connects the ignition switch start wire to terminal 85 in the starter relay. The buzzer and lights still work, or you can just unplug the box after the modification to disable them.

What you could potentially do is run the black/red wire from the ignition switch directly to the starter relay. If you do that you can remove the Bosch box and all associated wiring.

Reactions: bellagt
1 - 3 of 3 Posts