Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, hope this week has been good to everyone.

I am in the process of getting my Spider's seats recovered in leather. I bought all new foams and seat trays from Alfaholics, all thats remains is for someone to take my parts and turn them into leather covered seats.

I just took my car by a shop, they quoted me $650 per seat if I do the seat faces in leather and the sides and backing in vinyl, $950 per seat if I do all leather on each seat.
That sounded a bit steep, especially considering I have the new foam and trays.

What do other people think? Anyone have a car upholstery shop that they recommend in the Atlanta area?

Also, for those of you who have had their seats recovered, did you choose all leather or part leather part vinyl?

Thanks in advance, I am still going to check some estimates from other shops.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
I recently had mine done in cloth for $800 the pair. I had a quote from another shop that was much higher. There must be plenty of upholstery shops around Atlanta so get some more quotes and make sure that you see examples of their work before you commit.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,243 Posts
Also, for those of you who have had their seats recovered, did you choose all leather or part leather part vinyl?
The newer vinyls are really good and are a good choice for convertibles where they're exposed to the elements. I got new vinyl covers from World Upholstery like 15 years ago: they still look new and everyone thinks they're leather.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Aaron, if you are at all handy re doing the seat covers is a very doable and rewarding weekend project. I did mine with a perfect result. No wrinkles or mis-alignment at all, and I used my existing foam, in fact I have seen seats done by upholstery shops that do not look as good. The key is to get quality covers that actually fit and do not need to be tweaked. Like Gubi, I used a kit from World and it was just great. Mine are vinyl and about 8 years old and still look new. Here's a picture, not a great one, but it's all I have.
IMG_1436.JPG

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm in the process of doing mine right now. I got the all-leather covers from Lseat.com and I'm doing the work myself. It takes some time and patience, but it's going well. I'll post pics when I'm done.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@jthops is your Spider an S2 or S3?
I saw the covers on Seats.com but they didnt have any for S2's

I wouldn't mind doing the work myself.

Has anyone seen the leather covers from Autoberry??

·
chiuso per ferie
11,790 Posts
Aaron, there are lots of kits available for your car. I encourage to to buy from known sources that others have used.

If you go this route, look into getting a steamer. Steamers are the upholster's best friend. The steam helps relax the material such that wrinkles can be smoothed out.

If you go the route of having someone do the entire job, know that labor is going to be the most expensive part.....unless they are using some very expensive leather.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have 1 done so far. I didn't use a steamer, although it would have helped. I have an s3. I was pleased with the quality from Lseats. The leather was good and the stitching was also pretty good. I had to add and shape foam several times, which was laborious, but overall I'm very pleased.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts